Canelo by Decision 24 40.68%
Chavez Jr. by (T)KO 7 11.86%
Chavez Jr. by Decision 1 1.69%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 AM #31
32 Time World Champion

Quoted: 4532 Post(s)
-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 86,651,912,472,393,678,848.00
Total Points: 86,651,921,703,394,705,408.00
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC ATG sign. - Box-Office Thanks for the bet! - jlf85 
Bo Jackson tecmo bowl lol - El-blanco I went to see a moving picture the other day. - Vegemil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxinghead530 View Post
When hasn't a boxing PPV event not been a circus event. In the last 15 years most all PPV have been circus events.
I'm not complaining. I'm excited about the event. The fight, not so much.
-PBP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-14-2017, 11:27 AM #32
Banned

Quoted: 1987 Post(s)
boxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinghead530 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,073,827,165,847,406.00
Total Points: 15,437,225,558,226,368.00
I appreciate the vote - -jose- I appreciate the vote - -jose- Don't ever call me a NI GGER again - Mr McDowell 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PBP- View Post
I'm not complaining. I'm excited about the event. The fight, not so much.
??? How can you not be excited about this fight. If you know your boxing history when two Mexicans fights is always a war and a good fight. So the fight will be way better than the event, even though the event will be exciting too.

In the last 15 years what boxing PPV was better than the event?
boxinghead530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:36 AM #33
32 Time World Champion

-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC ATG sign. - Box-Office Thanks for the bet! - jlf85 
Bo Jackson tecmo bowl lol - El-blanco I went to see a moving picture the other day. - Vegemil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxinghead530 View Post
??? How can you not be excited about this fight. If you know your boxing history when two Mexicans fights is always a war and a good fight. So the fight will be way better than the event, even though the event will be exciting too.

In the last 15 years what boxing PPV was better than the event?
KO6. Fight of the year and ended in a knockout for the ages.

The issue with the fight isn't the action. It's the predictability. We know who is going to win before the bell rings.

This isn't a 50/50 fight like Barrera vs Morales.

Last edited by -PBP-; 01-14-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:38 AM #34
Rolin

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Dinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 197,415,162,696,287.44
Quality poster - Hyper Knuckles May the odds be ever in your favor! - Hyper Knuckles you came a long way, have some cake - sugarsmosley atg poster - jas LOL!! &quot;el bullying no es un juego&quot; - DannYankee09 
No Message - Mike D aguascalientes, mexico(Calvillo) - Tha_Greatest :usa2: - -jose- one of the greats - jas Always a pleasure to read your posts, excellent contributor to the site. - Aztekkas 
to a great - jas Happy new year brother - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdramashow View Post
yeah, but thats what im getting at really. Once canelo loses the size advantage he has, his skills are going to be shown to be very limited. Im not impressed with canelo at all and i think people are getting seriously carried away with him winning the cotto fight, a guy who trout won almost every round against. Canelo looked abysmal against mayweather, that was an absolute schooling, and i can not erase that from my mind when we talk about canelo. I know how great mayweather is but an elite fighter who was bigger should not get schooled like that, was one of his easiest ever wins.. His feet looked like they were stuck in the mud. He was significantly bigger than lara and he struggled in that fight too, he didnt look great to me against khan either, until his size advantage led to the KO. Im genuinely not saying this cause i dont like him, i just dont rate him at all. I dont think he can do to chavez what martinez did to him.
He had like 5 lbs on Lara man, how is that even a significant advantage
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

If anything I'd take Lara's huge reach advantage (6 inches) over those measly 5 lbs.
Dinamita 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:45 AM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 521 Post(s)
QballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,500,015,075,235,208.00

Early prediction is a stoppage in the 8th round as Canelo is teeing off at will and the ref stops the fight.
QballLobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:55 PM #36
32 Time World Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
He had like 5 lbs on Lara man, how is that even a significant advantage
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

If anything I'd take Lara's huge reach advantage (6 inches) over those measly 5 lbs.
Lara, Angulo, Kirkland, Trout were all his size. The only smaller fighters was Cotto and Khan but Cotto has proven he can overcome his size disadvantages before so I don't get why Canelo should get penalized for that.

I know some people are upset about the GGG situation but to pretend like Canelo is not a class fighter is ludicrous.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:10 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 606 Post(s)
redmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,000,000,043,110.09

IF chavez gets himself into good shape I see this fight being a twelve round war. Canelo is the more skillful of the two but chavez is much bigger naturally. I don't see canelo stopping chavez but I could make an argument for chavez stopping canelo very late on. Again, it depends on chavez' fitness for me but I would go for a very close decision for canelo.
redmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:33 PM #38
Rolin

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Dinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond reputeDinamita 03 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 197,415,162,696,287.44
Quality poster - Hyper Knuckles May the odds be ever in your favor! - Hyper Knuckles you came a long way, have some cake - sugarsmosley atg poster - jas LOL!! &quot;el bullying no es un juego&quot; - DannYankee09 
No Message - Mike D aguascalientes, mexico(Calvillo) - Tha_Greatest :usa2: - -jose- one of the greats - jas Always a pleasure to read your posts, excellent contributor to the site. - Aztekkas 
to a great - jas Happy new year brother - jas 

Quote:
Lara, Angulo, Kirkland, Trout were all his size. The only smaller fighters was Cotto and Khan but Cotto has proven he can overcome his size disadvantages before so I don't get why Canelo should get penalized for that.

I know some people are upset about the GGG situation but to pretend like Canelo is not a class fighter is ludicrous.
It's not feasible talking objectively about Canelo in this site, with few exceptions.
Dinamita 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:30 PM #39
I AM VERY FEEL

Quoted: 5883 Post(s)
Tony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,859,684,429,484.19
Total Points: 1,000,033,822,888,904,576.00
Happy new year my dude - Bobby Deez Cheers, my dude. - Bobby Deez Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Meatball subs are pretty gud, italian herbs and cheese - Shontae De'marc Gracias my dude - Bobby Deez 
yo check out this sweet swag i stole, u can hav sum 2 brotha - Shontae De'marc No troubles at all, dude.  Great convo and lots of respect! - travestyny I like your style - 1bad65 Haha You damn right - Bobby Deez loma is number 1 - Dean_Razorback 
Great match up!  If mcgirt would have been right that fight could have exploded - Rockin' my first gift...hope i did it right, you slicc mofo - Elroy The Great Respeks, my G - Bobby Deez Sick loot ya'll - Shontae De'marc John West Tangy Jalapenos Tuna, the best - Shontae De'marc 
An apple a day keeps tha haterz at bay - Shontae De'marc Cheers, bro. - travestyny Feel the feels: Great poster - Thraxox Thanks for always welcoming back bruva - Teetotaler Top Man! - BoxingFan85 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - anthonydavid11 Childhood Cancer - Thraxox 

Quote:
I love my steak and shrimp but every once in a while you need a cheat meal like a supreme pizza and ice cream. This fight is the latter. Big event, guaranteed action but a circus nevertheless.

Who wins and how?
May be a circus, but it makes tremendous economic sense, which is why it's happening.

For me, I think Jr. is competitive in the early going and gives Canelo trouble with some nice body shots, but as the fight wears on, Canelo's own body work and timing make all the difference. I think he busts Jr.'s face up and has his moments but ultimately wins a decision. Going to be a fun one!
Tony Trick-Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:48 PM #40
32 Time World Champion

Bardock

Where the hell you at? Speak on this fight.

Share This With Friends

Tags
"canelo", alvarez, cesar, chávez, early, julio, prediction, saul, thread

User Tag List