Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 11-21-2015, 01:28 PM #61
The Champ

Quoted: 1267 Post(s)
Bardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond reputeBardock has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,021,309,615,801,845,153,792.00
Total Points: 2,021,318,588,717,403,996,160.00
here's some tissues for the tears after Lara beats Canelo - jas war canelo!! - KO MX Thanks for the donation !!!!! - KO MX For smashin' on them Cubanas - Jalisciense909 Happy New Year bro - HughJass 
Una 40.. pa que te sientas como un brotha :) - Aztekkas here sell these po[sicles to the local ninos puto - STAX ON DECK i want that ish bacon rapped vato loco - STAX ON DECK War Bardock - Mike D thunderdome legend - jas 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finito2K View Post
I hate to break this to you. Margarito beat Cotto fair and square. Keith Kizer went on record saying there was nothing wrong with Margarito’s wraps that day.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
bigjavi973
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
nypost? That's as credible as any source gets.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Bardock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2015, 01:32 PM #62
I Also Cook

Quoted: 1802 Post(s)
Dr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,017,001,433,020.55
knowledgeable poster - thuggery for being a solid poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 Great poster - E.P.T. Good poster. Thumbs up, Doc! - CubanGuyNYC eat fresh - sugarsmosley 
To a great poster - jas Hilarious 🙉 - jas The GGG Wine - Imported From Monte Carlo, Monaco. Extremely Expensive, Only Shared With High Class Members Of BoxingScene. Cheers good boy! - Golovkin #AskFroch - - Ram Raid - A man who knows his stuff - jas 
Doc knows his facts - BoxingFan85 

There was a study done on the plaster issue by a boxing magazine in the 1960s to address the myth of Jack Dempsey having used plaster in his wraps for the Jess Willard beatdown.

The conclusion was that if anyone was dumb enough to use plaster of paris in their hand wraps or gloves, all they would do is break every bone in their own hands.

Quote:
Boxing Illustrated conducted an experiment to test whether it was possible to use plaster of paris successfully under fighting conditions. The results were reported in the May 1964 issue of BI, pp 20-24, 66. Hugh Benbow and Perry Payne (manager and trainer of Cleveland Williams) used plaster of paris on Cleveland's hands and reenacted what Kearns said occurred in Dempsey's dressing room. After 35 minutes of toasting to reenact the 114-degree heat of Toledo that day, Cleveland Williams hit the heavy bag five times. Benbow examined the wraps and found that the plaster had cracked and crumbled. "This stuff." said Cleve, "wouldn't do anybody any good."

The Boxing Illustrated test proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the plaster of paris would not have held up after the first punch, it would have crumbled and left chunks in his mitts and every punch thereafter would have been quite painful and there is little doubt he would have broken his hands. The inventor of the product issued a statement as to the impossibility of using plaster of paris without breaking all the bones in the hands.

There's simply no way Margarito had 'plaster' in his gloves. It's impossible.

If you need more evidence, listen to this short interview with Doug Fischer:

Anyone who still touts the 'plaster' story does so because they hate Margarito. There is no evidence to support it whatsoever.
Dr Rumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:33 PM #63
Da' Hood Legend

Quoted: 1080 Post(s)
SeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond reputeSeekDaGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,248,877,880,640,975.00
You know very little about boxing. Hopefully this gift makes up for it. - Pigeons Cheers brooooo - Bardock here's to a good poster - jas Agreed! - MDPopescu 

His imaginary/fantasy win over Mayweather trumps them all.

Man, that would have been an easy night for Mayweather.
SeekDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:44 PM #64
Banned

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Showtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond reputeShowtime.. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 151,549,894,720,788,896.00
Total Points: 262,343,667,020,739,744.00
To history - Hyper Knuckles Garcia beat Judah. U mad - BrushMyHair you get a superprize so you can stop getting angry, lol, peace homie, , keep thinking about my lol, you will have a great day if you mind focuses on my lol, take care, be - Tha_Greatest thanks for your contribution to the gif thread - -jose- Cheers, mate! - MDPopescu 
Non Alcoholic. - HughJass stupid poster - mrdogtown1975 :kiss: - -jose- No Message - Mike D No Message - Chrismart 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
undefeated cotto
undefeated martinez
clottey when he should have been undefeated
undefeated cintron
and either lewis, or he should have a win over santos but was robbed

he's like the opposite floyd
Rather impressive.
Showtime.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:26 PM #65
The People's Champion

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Bigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 825,882,339.21
Total Points: 1,088,626,016,606.95
you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg 
No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg 
You have smelly farts - Pigeons I'm sorry, But I have to do this. War B-Hop. Bernard Hopkins is like Wine, He gets better with Age. - BrushMyHair No Message - KOVALBOXER 

Quote:
I hate to break this to you. Margarito beat Cotto fair and square. Keith Kizer went on record saying there was nothing wrong with Margarito’s wraps that day.

Keith Kizer said that because he doesn't want his commission to the blame for something like that. He take is far from a credible 1 in this case imo. And if u honestly feel like Tony beat the hell outta Cotto fair and square and then out of no where decided he needed to cheat to beat Mosely, you're being super naive bro.
Bigg Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:19 PM #66
Contender

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Finito2K is on a distinguished road
Bank: 191,218.73
Total Points: 217,125.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
Keith Kizer said that because he doesn't want his commission to the blame for something like that. He take is far from a credible 1 in this case imo. And if u honestly feel like Tony beat the hell outta Cotto fair and square and then out of no where decided he needed to cheat to beat Mosely, you're being super naive bro.
I don't really give a **** why Tony did what he did. All I know is he beat Cotto at his undefeated best.

Kizer would have nothing to fear since in Nevada the commission provides the handwrap for all fights in the state.

This excerpt makes it clear.

Kizer is confident the rules and procedures in Nevada prevent any irregularities during hand wrapping and putting on the gloves. “We have experienced inspectors not only watching the hands being wrapped, but also the gloves being put on,” Kizer said. “They feel the wraps and sign them*and then the gloves and sign them.”

One difference between Nevada and Calfornia is that Nevada provides the gauze for the hand wrappings, while California allows fighters to use their own gauze.

Speaking specifically about July, Kizer said, representatives from the Cotto camp were in Margarito’s dressing room during the entire wrapping of the hands. “They were in there from the beginning,” Kizer said. “Not only them but people from HBO, people from MGM, there are always a dozen or so people in the dressing room.

“I’m pleased with the process we have in Nevada,” Kizer said. “Not only does it stop anybody who tries to do something like that, it stops anybody who is thinking about doing it.”

Hindsight is 20/20 but it seems odd that no one from Cotto's camp saw anything odd while Margarito's hands were being wrapped.
Finito2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:12 PM #67
The People's Champion

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Bigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 825,882,339.21
Total Points: 1,088,626,016,606.95
you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg 
No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg 
You have smelly farts - Pigeons I'm sorry, But I have to do this. War B-Hop. Bernard Hopkins is like Wine, He gets better with Age. - BrushMyHair No Message - KOVALBOXER 

Quote:
I don't really give a **** why Tony did what he did. All I know is he beat Cotto at his undefeated best.

Kizer would have nothing to fear since in Nevada the commission provides the handwrap for all fights in the state.

This excerpt makes it clear.

Kizer is confident the rules and procedures in Nevada prevent any irregularities during hand wrapping and putting on the gloves. “We have experienced inspectors not only watching the hands being wrapped, but also the gloves being put on,” Kizer said. “They feel the wraps and sign them*and then the gloves and sign them.”

One difference between Nevada and Calfornia is that Nevada provides the gauze for the hand wrappings, while California allows fighters to use their own gauze.

Speaking specifically about July, Kizer said, representatives from the Cotto camp were in Margarito’s dressing room during the entire wrapping of the hands. “They were in there from the beginning,” Kizer said. “Not only them but people from HBO, people from MGM, there are always a dozen or so people in the dressing room.

“I’m pleased with the process we have in Nevada,” Kizer said. “Not only does it stop anybody who tries to do something like that, it stops anybody who is thinking about doing it.”

Hindsight is 20/20 but it seems odd that no one from Cotto's camp saw anything odd while Margarito's hands were being wrapped.
All u care about is that he beat a prime Cotto. Yes, that's obvious. You don't care about what might have aided him in that. Just as long as he did it. He couldn't do it again in the rematch and didn't look close to the beast he was. I know all u care about is that but you're a fool for saying u don't care why he did what he did as if that makes it ok. He's a cheater and his whole career can be questioned. If not, his recent bouts and the one befor that is the one I'm talking about. No way he beats Cotto fair and then throws away his honor and starts cheating of Mosley.
Bigg Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:01 PM #68
Contender

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Finito2K is on a distinguished road
Bank: 191,218.73
Total Points: 217,125.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
All u care about is that he beat a prime Cotto. Yes, that's obvious. You don't care about what might have aided him in that. Just as long as he did it. He couldn't do it again in the rematch and didn't look close to the beast he was. I know all u care about is that but you're a fool for saying u don't care why he did what he did as if that makes it ok. He's a cheater and his whole career can be questioned. If not, his recent bouts and the one befor that is the one I'm talking about. No way he beats Cotto fair and then throws away his honor and starts cheating of Mosley.
You're missing the point. I'd feel the same way if their roles were reversed and Cotto was being accused by Margarito of doctoring his handwraps despite being cleared of any wrongdoing by the acting commission; in this case its the NSAC.

It's funny that you're calling me a fool. Coming from a guy who is blindly riding Cotto's nuts, I take this as a compliment.
Finito2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:08 PM #69
Patriot

Quoted: 6658 Post(s)
BrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond reputeBrometheusBob. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 205,061,184,969,737,922,150,400.00
Total Points: 205,061,184,969,737,922,150,400.00
HBD - siablo14 brogrammers code! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Snoop Frog For implementing and managing the pick 'em game - siablo14 good job on nsb pick em - jas 
Outta that green paint. Have a beer on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Thanks man. Had to put an = sign in with the poster's number but it worked.  Ha. - anthonydavid11 Here. It's a cookie. Looks like chocolate chip. - Mike D So you don't have to share with your mom any more. You pu55y a55 nerd. Shove your red k up that biatches a55 too. - apples check it out, it's a fish - Mike D 
Dildo of heterosexual tranny footjobs. - P.K Dionysus Outta green paint....So go ahead and throw on this cape ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Outta green paint.... - BERNIE'S CORNER No Message - MDPopescu 15,000 Good Job. - Vegemil 
No Message - BERNIE'S CORNER Some fruit for a fruit - The Hammer lol - -jose- Cheers mate - Chrismart I guess I don’t green often enough unless it’s green’n Bob lol. - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me Gay and Lesbian Pride - Just Now Hit Me Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me Gay and Lesbian Pride - Just Now Hit Me Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Just Now Hit Me 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PlasterWraps Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - punchr Gay and Lesbian Pride - boxz Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas 

Almost forgot that he beat Martinez
BrometheusBob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:33 PM #70
The Watcher

Quoted: 772 Post(s)
STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,091,655,495.31
Total Points: 103,101,754,089.72
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays - BOXEO _ You're a good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_ View Post
Cotto

Martinez

Clottey

Six Heads Lewis

Cintron 2

Antonio Diaz (Margarito's break out fight, all action war. Well worth a watch.)

Tecnically not a W but I had him winning the 2nd Santos fight before the BS stoppage.
Actually that Diaz/Margo fight was very entertaining
STREET CLEANER is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
margarito's, wins?

User Tag List