Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Rigo become like Walters post fight? An inactive hype job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minemax View Post
    Exactly! Loma only fights bums, right?
    Nah, their fans only start calling them bums after Loma owns them...

Comment

It will inevitably happen IF Loma wins, I just hope they both put up a respectable fight. Both are great fighters, that is indisputable - no-one in their respective divisions comes close in terms of pure skill. I'd say if Rigo wins, he is arguably p4p #1 and if Loma wins through a show of skill p4p top 3.

Comment

Subjective excuses like these can always be twisted in many different ways. To the point where there are potentially endless variations to such excuses.

As an objective individual, a boxer's (Guillermo Rigondeaux's and Nicholas Walter's) record matters when evaluating the quality / level / worthiness of that boxer. That is before the bout against a specific opponent (Vasyl Lomachenko) and after the bout against that same opponent.

******s in this forum start calling boxers by various different terms without even having a uniform definition of those terms. They pick and choose when and who they decide to call by those specific labels / terms. Whenever it suits their agenda.

None of this OBJECTIVELY and FACTUALLY changes the fact that Lomachenko's wins over Nicholas Walters, Gary Russel Jr, Jason Sosa, Marriaga and his potential win over Guillermo Rigondeaux would be combined wins in his first 11 bouts, better and more impressive than any opponents any past champion or great boxer has ever defeated during their own first 11 bouts.

Both Guillermo Rigondeaux and Nicholas Walters have better records than any single (or more) opponents other past champions / great boxers faced during their first 11 bouts.

So if we're performing a comparison that is fair, objective and is of an apple vs apple standard and not orange vs apple standard. Then Lomachenko's resume and record in 11 bouts is the greatest compared to any other boxer's record / resume in 11 bouts.

So whatever term ******ed boxing fanatics may choose to call or label Rigondeaux and Walters as. It doesn't change that very fact that Lomachenko's wins over those two boxers makes his resume / record the best in history compared to any other boxer's record / resume after they also had 11 bouts.

So nobody really has any objective grounds to stand on if attempting to criticize Lomachenko's quality of opposition since they are better than any body else's if comparing them when they also had only 11 bouts.

Comment

Lomachenko himself admitted that he has a lot of advantages over Rigo going into the fight, he's a lot bigger, a lot younger, much more active and much more popular, he's coming into the fight as the hometown fighter and it's no secret that the judges will be favoring him in a close fight.

These are all facts, not excuses, FACTS, Lomachenko put himself in this no win situation while Rigo is doing whatever it takes to make money.

Still rooting for Rigo though, hopefully he at least gives a good account of himself.

Comment

I just wish both combatants good luck. and I would of liked to see this fight with both fighters in there prime not just one.

Comment

Rigo being inactive already by skipping media day. while its "his" time. no wonder no one pays/will attention to him.

Comment

I can only speak for myself but i havent thought this was a competitive fight since Loma moved to 130. Even 126 was stretch for a small 122lber like Rigo.

Loma shouldnt get much credit for beating Rigo.

Stepping up 2 weights is already a tall order, but then you factor in his age, and the fact he has only fought 3 rnds in the last 2 years.

No doubt Loma fans will try and sell this as a great victory though

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  I can only speak for myself but i havent thought this was a competitive fight since Loma moved to 130. Even 126 was stretch for a small 122lber like Rigo.

Loma shouldnt get much credit for beating Rigo.

Stepping up 2 weights is already a tall order, but then you factor in his age, and the fact he has only fought 3 rnds in the last 2 years.

No doubt Loma fans will try and sell this as a great victory though
                  Ready made excuses.

Rigo says size doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    Ready made excuses.

Rigo says size doesn't matter.
                    Rigo is wrong.

Not excuses. Facts.

37yrs old. Normally weighs 125ish fight night. 3 rounds in last 2 years.

Deny it all you want, this would not be a great win for Lomachenko

Comment

Strange how easily some people can confuse facts with excuses sometimes...

Rigo is much smaller: will probably be outweighed by 10-15 pounds on fight night, which is massive for the lower weight-classes.
                      Much older: 37 and we don't know exactly how past it.
                      He has been inactive: three rounds in the last two years.

Those are irrefutable facts, regardless of who you'll be pulling for. The only posters bothered by those facts are obsessed with Loma getting credit for a "great win" and claiming the P4P throne, and with calling Rigo a "hypejob, always overrated, etc.". You know how this place work... That's why they are trying hard to sweep the size and age difference -inactivity is not as important in my opinion- under the rug.

Comment

Working...
                      X