Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other Keith fans disappointed by him last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      I'm disappointed that Keith still didn't let go of his habit in Telegraphing is punches. He did what he had to do to beat garcia but it wasn't the performance I am looking for. He didn't set up traps or adjust to anything, just reverting back to boxing against a limited garcia, he should have set up traps and punish him, but naah.
      I agree w/ this. Also disappointed in his last 3 rounds.

Comment

I'm actually disappointed in Danny! He spent the majority of the fight waiting around to counter Thurman. Only when he knew he needed a KO to win did he give an effort to actually fight!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... yes: "boxing" is just the right manner to avoid Danny's midrange hooks... and I expected Thurman to try to "play it safe", no fireworks included...
          People seem also to forget that Khan was clearly outboxing Danny Garcia up to the point Garcia was able to time, measure and eventually spark him. Because Khan kept up the pressure with his attack.

Thurman knew that was likely coming, as I did see Garcia adjust mid fight and start trying to time Thurman. That's when I saw Thurman back off and largely box beautifully.

People just want rock-em-sock-em. Thurman was never going to get credit for what was a masterclass against a tough opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            People seem also to forget that Khan was clearly outboxing Danny Garcia up to the point Garcia was able to time, measure and eventually spark him. Because Khan kept up the pressure with his attack.

Thurman knew that was likely coming, as I did see Garcia adjust mid fight and start trying to time Thurman. That's when I saw Thurman back off and largely box beautifully.

People just want rock-em-sock-em. Thurman was never going to get credit for what was a masterclass against a tough opponent.
            ... obviously... (green K sent )

Comment

Although I didn't like him running in the last 2 rounds, I like Thurman. But we need to realize that he is not a power punching destroyer. He is an explosive mover.

He still has a lot he can improve on. I hope he doesn't take such a long break again.

Comment

Not disappointed, but as a fan of course I'd like to see him close out stronger. That said, Garcia was still strong late in the fight and Thurman had a good lead so he made a decision to stick to it.

I actually felt like Thurman was tight the entire night, I don't think he looked that good, he wasn't as fast as I'm used to seeing either. Still it was enough to take a clear decision. Garcia on the other hand actually looked better than I thought he would, his punches weren't so wild and he threw some sharp shots, but he gave away too many rounds waiting for the perfect counter.

Comment

it was a case of one time > run time.

Comment

Post Fight Interviews:

Thurman strikes me as a bit punchy. He said he has 20 wins, 22 by way of knockout. Err?

Comment

I am okay with it.

I want him to have a long career. Would it be fun to go for it? Yes. But Garcais lefthook is always in play.

Crawford, in comparison, is a bit meaner than Thurman. Just different personalities. When Thurman gets pushed, I am confident hell go for broke (unlike Garcia last night)

Comment

Working...
                      X