Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz to Dustin Poirier over injury withdrawal: ‘(You) ain’t about this life'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Diaz to Dustin Poirier over injury withdrawal: ‘(You) ain’t about this life'

Don’t look to Nate Diaz for sympathy if you can’t make it to fight night.

Diaz was scheduled to make his return from a two-year hiatus at UFC 230 opposite Dustin Poirier, but “The Diamond” recently announced that a hip injury would force him to withdraw from a scheduled bout for the first time in his nine-year pro career.

On Monday, Poirier told host Luke Thomas on The MMA Hour on that he had attempted to battle through the injury as he had several times in the past, but eventually the decision was made to pull out.

“This is something I’ve been dealing with the last few camps, and it just progressively got worse,” Poirier said. “And then I did something with it this camp to where you know, like, I can still move around on it, I can still train, but if, say, I do a sprint, the next two days my range of motion is going to be horrible and I’m going to be in a lot of pain. It just got too bad to keep pushing at this point with it.”

Shortly afterward, Diaz took a shot at Poirier over Twitter.

"If you can’t make it to war, you lose the war,” Diaz wrote. “You ain’t about this life.”

Poirier quickly responded on Twitter.

"If anyone knows about losing the war it's you... you've lost half of them that you been in."

The Diaz-Poirier bout already had its fair share of drama, with Diaz appearing to be upset about the UFC’s treatment of him at a press conference in August, where he later tweeted that he would not be fighting at the show. In the months following, both Diaz and Poirier would lobby for their fight to take the vacant main event slot at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 3 (later filled by a heavyweight title match between Daniel Cormier and Derrick Lewis) and for it to be for a newly made 165-pound title.

Those discussions became moot when Poirier withdrew from the bout.

It is not known whether the promotion plans to find a replacement opponent to fight Diaz, who has not competed since losing a five-round majority decision in a rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 202 on Aug. 20, 2016.

Eh, Diaz can't complain too hard he's allegedly been turning down fights or at best just not asking for fights for a couple years now ffs. Mfers get injured. Wtf.

Allegedly Diaz f#cked up this being for a 165lb belt to or thats what the UFC conspiracy mfers are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Eh, Diaz can't complain too hard he's allegedly been turning down fights or at best just not asking for fights for a couple years now ffs. Mfers get injured. Wtf.

Allegedly Diaz f#cked up this being for a 165lb belt to or thats what the UFC conspiracy mfers are saying.
      Thats the word, weight was an issue.

Comment

Im a Nate fan but he *****ed the whole lead up and said he wasnt fighting. Now hes mad SMH. I really think he has taken too much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          Im a Nate fan but he *****ed the whole lead up and said he wasnt fighting. Now hes mad SMH. I really think he has taken too much damage.
          And too much weed.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            And too much weed.
            I think so. Dude could have been great.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              I think so. Dude could have been great.

^^^^ this!

Comment

Working...
              X