Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better ring IQ - Executioner, Money or Dinamita?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bhop, but his fights get ugly, and at times plain boring. However he does what needs to be done. Be it "boring" or "illegal"(Lol). He makes sure he does everything he can to win.

Comment

How can people not say Floyd? Do you notice that if you do something that can break his gameplan, it won't work in the next round? Marquez can adjust over the next 4-6 rounds and BHop can adjust in the next 3-4 rounds...money can adjust almost immediately...and the adjustment has the ability to destroy an opponents confidence...one of the smartest fighters in the history of boxing...

Comment

Amir Khan...

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Dinamita
          Hopkins
          Floyd

in that order. I don't have a problem with B-hop and Dinamita being interchangeable.

Floyd hasn't had to be diverse enough to display the IQ of Bhop or Dinamita. Even if he did beat Dinamita (with a huge size and weight advantage)

Lets see if he's still jumping weightclasses and knocking out ATG's when he's 39 or in his 40's. Although Floyd is displaying ring smarts by ducking any possible threat and fighting fighters at the right time.
          Great answer MANIAC!!!

Comment

B-Hop is by far the most intelligent of the bunch as far as boxing IQ is concerned.

I have said this for years. I remember stating this back in 09 or so and watching Floyd fans go crazy. But as time passes, more and more people are starting to see just how brilliant B-hop is as a fighter inside the ring.

Ask yourselves this; if you had to choose one guy to school you in boxing 101, who would it be? Easy answer..... B-hop by a country mile

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
              How can people not say Floyd? Do you notice that if you do something that can break his gameplan, it won't work in the next round? Marquez can adjust over the next 4-6 rounds and BHop can adjust in the next 3-4 rounds...money can adjust almost immediately...and the adjustment has the ability to destroy an opponents confidence...one of the smartest fighters in the history of boxing...
              Why lies like this persist amongst boxing fans is something I will never know.

Comment

The only guy I have seen beat B-Hop in his prime was Roy.

The problem with a Floyd fan using losses or that Loss is that Roy would embarrass Floyd if they were the same size and both in there prime.

So an 8 rounds to 4 loss to Roy isn't bad when Roy would probably win 11 rounds to 1 against Floyd if not sweep his @ss or possibly KO him.

Comment

I would go with Mayweather and then Bhop I love Marquez but he does get careless alot in the ring those two are simply on a different level

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
                    The only guy I have seen beat B-Hop in his prime was Roy.

The problem with a Floyd fan using losses or that Loss is that Roy would embarrass Floyd if they were the same size and both in there prime.

So an 8 rounds to 4 loss to Roy isn't bad when Roy would probably win 11 rounds to 1 against Floyd if not sweep his @ss or possibly KO him.
                    That fight vs Roy is closer than the score cards show too.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      I could easily imagine that Floyd would/will lose to much faster fighters when he's nearly 50 years old.

We'll see what he looks like in another 4 or so years at 40. BHop was 40. Just think about that. Until then it's pretty hard to judge on that standard alone.

Also, it has nothing to do with resume. We are talking purely about their ring intelligence. Floyd still has much greater physical gifts than BHop and nearly, if not as high or maybe even higher, a boxing IQ. I can't really decide. Honestly, they are both about even to me.

I think they are arguable though, but simply because BHop can't use his speed, power etc to win, he uses very savvy footwork, great feints, and beautiful inside fighting to win. Floyd does too, but he can rely on more to win. BHop can't.

Marquez is very savvy too, but he's offensively bent. His smartness lies in offense, and not as much defense. He has great footwork, much, much underlooked....People often talk about Pac's footwork as this thing of beauty and yet Marquez completely nullified with his own footwork. Footwork doesn't need to be fast or bouncy or look good, it has to be effective. He also has great feints, and he used to have good defense but that seems to have greatly diminished with age and his more offensive approach. He can now struggle to adjust defensively.
                      You have to remember Juan M.Marquez used to be very defensive. But changed to an offesive fighter after his controlversal lose to Chris John. He could have been just like Hopkins and Floyd playing the waiting game. Marquez transformation has been a total 360 from when he first started his career.

Some of us still remember how borring Mayweather and Hopkins both were because they just sit back and wait for the opening or work for the opening at "their" pace (something Marquez used to do). Marquez IQ is equvlint to any boxer of today.

Old fighters have the power to the last minute, its the last thing to go. Don't think these guys aint feeling Hopkins power, he's a natural Light Heavy who fought as a middleweight, being at middleweight gave him that experiance he has today at light heavy.

Comment

Working...
                      X