No announcement yet.

Why is nobody asking for a rematch? Lopez/Lomo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read on espn from his manager:

"If it's possible, we would like to have the rematch," Klimas said. "If they are so tough ... are they willing to come back and do that?"

I think Teo will lose some respect as at least compared with Floyd if he does a runner and doesn't take a rematch.

The fight leave unanswered questions as to "undisputed."

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
      Lopez won, without a doubt, 7-5 or even 8-4 in my books, but it's not as if Lomo didn't close stronger and not as if Lopez blew him out of the water.

Lopez does deserve all the credit in the world, no doubt about that.

I'm just curious why nobody thinks a rematch would be worth it - surely it would be a different fight, with either Lomo continuing on as he left the later rounds or Lopez stepping up a gear and even stopping Lomo.. Unless Loma himself doesn't feel like he wanted it, but with most wording being "he started too late", why not start earlier next time and make it a better show.
      Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Cuz people dislike Loma due to some of his extreme fans and the media hyping him up over the top so they’re satisfied with him losing even if it was close!

Fight deserves an instant rematch cuz I scored it a draw, credit to Teo for salvaging it in the 12th but even that was close IMO as both men were hurt!
      Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
      I really don't think Lopez would give him the rematch. #1) he knows the fight was close so why risk losing the belts. #2) his face looked like skeletor at the weigh-ins. #3) he wants Loma to become less relevant, so he can be the new cash cow.

We may have watched Loma get old overnight and his prime has passed. I've always contended that the only thing could beat Loma was FatherTime. A lot of guys on here thought he was already on the down slide, before the Lopez fight...
      Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Many of us asked.

But NSB feels that Lopez pitched a shutout, Loma won no rounds, so there's no point in rematches.
      Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
      Because it was a rigged business event to build a new star franchise off the star power of an older fading star?
      Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      EVERYBODY says the rematch is worth it, and you can bet that Loma would open as the odds on favorite if it happened. The only one who doesn't want it is Lopez, saying idiotic things like "oh it will just got he same way", and "there are bigger fights". There isn't a single fight anywhere near as big as the rematch.

Valdez? Berchelt? Guys don't move the needle.
      Why did Loma take out the rematch clause in the contract and why isn't he currently asking for a rematch??? If he really felt he won he would've said he wanted a rematch after the fight.

Comment

Because it was rather easy for Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          That's his opinion, I simply gave mine. Also he was busy fighting I doubt he scored it. Teo Sr said 11-1 was the right card lol.
          Teo Sr most delusional obnoxious person don't mind him

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
            I just read on espn from his manager:

"If it's possible, we would like to have the rematch," Klimas said. "If they are so tough ... are they willing to come back and do that?"

I think Teo will lose some respect as at least compared with Floyd if he does a runner and doesn't take a rematch.

The fight leave unanswered questions as to "undisputed."
            He won't lose respect around here. They (NSB) want him to move on because according to them, Lopez pitched a shutout, Loma won no rounds because he threw zero punches all fight and there's no point.

I already shared the hypocrisy so it's on record.

Comment

I think a rematch would be good for both and see the fight spiced up a bit more... if Teo can get a stoppage then he will sky rocket, but i think the general consensus from the public is that he did a great job, but may have got a bit lucky (which is fine), but let's see a rematch. I think Lomo looked very small in there, but now he'll have to risk it which should make for a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                I really don't think Lopez would give him the rematch. #1) he knows the fight was close so why risk losing the belts. #2) his face looked like skeletor at the weigh-ins. #3) he wants Loma to become less relevant, so he can be the new cash cow.

We may have watched Loma get old overnight and his prime has passed. I've always contended that the only thing could beat Loma was FatherTime. A lot of guys on here thought he was already on the down slide, before the Lopez fight...
                This is why so many posters are trolling his fan base. Against Campbell Loma struggled to get in although he won decisively. Teo is faster, he fights with his hands down which shuts down a huge part of Loma's game (taking away opponents vision).

He can also throw body shots faster with his hands down preventing Loma from taking an angle, as well as throw an uppercut if he tries to get past the jab.

To make matters worse, him and his dad have probably been refining this game plan over the last two years. Where as Loma thought after seeing one round of Teo that he would school him.

Give the guy credit, that could have been a winnable fight for Loma had he come up with multiple game plans and realized just what he was up against in Teo.

Loma was completely stumped, he tried so many times to feint, step forward but Teo didn't even react because he knew exactly what to look for. Literally 90% of people picked Loma, reality was that Teo is a lot better than what most people thought, myself included.

Next fight he is only going to get better.
                Last edited by PistolPat; 10-21-2020, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BaguMka View Post
                  After this video people that saying fight wasn't competitive are trolls or just imbeciles
                  They're both.

Comment

Dude just had shoulder surgery. He’s on the shelf at least until next summer. He will also probably want a baby-steps fight when he gets back to test out the wing so now we’re talking more like a year off before a rematch would happen.

And that’s even if Teo is still at 135 and Loma doesn’t drop down.

Lopez isn’t going to put his career on hold waiting all that out. If they wanted a rematch clause they could have insisted on having one.

If it happens, great. If not and they go in different directions, that’s OK too. I’ve never been in the ‘you have to beat someone twice to count a win over them’ camp. This wasn’t controversial: no one with a lick of sense thinks Loma won and was robbed. He lost 8-4 on my card but I can see 9-3 or 7-5, but you can’t get to 7-5 Loma with even a smidgen of intellectual honesty.

If Loma wants the rematch, he and his team should pursue it when he’s back from rehabbing the shoulder. If the money is there and the will to make the fight is there (on Loma’s part) then it will be made.

Comment

Do yo really want to see a rematch? the fight was competitive but clearly won by Teo. I think it was obvious that Loma could not deal with the power early on. Why would that be any different now? Even with the story-line that Loma had the better second half, why was Teo able to turn it on and have perhaps his best round of the fight in round 12?

I really love Loma and am a huge fan, but some of you guys cannot see clearly: Loma has been in decline for at least 3 fights- I've said this is previous threads, I am saying it again. Let's say a rematch does happen, when? He just had surgery, are we talking another year away? is that another year layoff and another slow start? Loma comes closer to his mid thirties, losses another step.

Teo stays the same or gets better as a man's physical peak is in the his mid to late twenties. I don't see how any of you as Loma fans want to see a rematch. Take it for what it is; Loma fought the only fight he was able to fight that night, and he came relatively close, but lost. No shame, Teo is clearly a very good fighter and is much bigger than Loma. It's not like loma shat the bed. He waited until Teo lost a little steam and turned it on, this was the smart, veteran thing to do. It was that Teo was a little to strong for too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X