Lomachenko In The Firmament Of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
    lomo is a garbage fighter tbh.

14-2 is bad enough but the fact that it happened against bums.
    - -He weren't fighting U.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      One thing seems certain. The big Mexican never did hurt Chenko, but Chenko hurt him several times, or at least stunned him more than he himself was ever stunned. Lopez is probably being hugely overrated at the moment. He looks like an average champ, not an all time great. A lot of fighters have been prematurely heralded as ATGs. A lot of experts swore Donal Currey was the deal. Whoops. Shane Mosley. Whoops. De la Hoya. Whoops. Trinidad. Whoops. The list goes on.
      Never hurt Lomachenko? You obviously didn't watch the 12th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Never hurt Lomachenko? You obviously didn't watch the 12th round.
        Are you a bean rassler? I watched it plenty. He wasn't hurt but once nor any worse than that big ol' mexican was many times.

I would expect Duran to beat Willie Pep, wouldn't you?

Comment

beat him?

duran would probably kill him tbh

Comment

Are you a bean rassler? I watched it plenty. He wasn't hurt but once nor any worse than that big ol' mexican was many times.

You contradict yourself . . . you said Lopez isn't (likely) an ATG . . . then you use two ATGs to make your point, Duran/Pep.

Yes I expect Duran to beat Pep; Yes I expected Lopez to beat Loma.

You need to accept that Loma just wasn't as good as you thought, or that Lopez is better than you want him to be.

I understand how your culture makes that difficult for you to wrap your head around, but reality can often expose ideologies as false.

Teofimo Lopez is an American, always has been, always will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
              You contradict yourself . . . you said Lopez isn't (likely) an ATG . . . then you use two ATGs to make your point, Duran/Pep.

Yes I expect Duran to beat Pep; Yes I expected Lopez to beat Loma.

You need to accept that Loma just wasn't as good as you thought, or that Lopez is better than you want him to be.

I understand how your culture makes that difficult for you to wrap your head around, but reality can often expose ideologies as false.

Teofimo Lopez is an American, always has been, always will be.

Hes a New Yorker. new york is like a separate country in the United States. I have a lot of Eastern Euro in me... Ukraniane gentile and Jew side, Russian, Litho, Polish, etc... My great grandmother spoke Russian/Ukranian , lived on the lower East side, when my mother brought me over, she had a tub in the kitchen (tenaments all did this back in the day) and she would piss my mother off by calling me a "nice Jew Boy." My dad being the Jewish one in the family.

Lopez' dad I assume is around my age, maybe a bit younger... He grew up in a hood very similar to mine, Lopez played with Hispanic kids with a smattering of Black kids, just like I did, there were a few of us, maybe 10% white with most being Irish at the time in my hood, which was East Harlem.

I identified with Lopez for this fight, and it was not even close... I know Russian Ukranian... have friends, Jews, Gentiles, know the food, etc. But my country so to speak, the way i was raised, was such that I grew up with plenty of guys like Lopez senior, and was socialized, went to the same public schools as Lopez junior.

Your point, the bolded... is absolutely correct.

Comment

Comment

• When I see a boxing news article headed by something Lopez said, I normally skip over it, just as I do most of the posters in this section.

Comment

When I see a boxing news article headed by something Lopez said, I normally skip over it, just as I do most of the posters in this section.
                    I know they all look alike to you. So it must be sad that he beat your hero fair and square and was the better man.

Comment

When I see a boxing news article headed by something Lopez said, I normally skip over it, just as I do most of the posters in this section.
                      I was going to ask you how one "wrassles" a bean... Just so happens went into one of them highway stores... they had Mexican jumping beans. Thought I might purchase a few... they jumped. I pursued. It all made sense suddenly.

Comment

Working...
                      X