No announcement yet.

Top 10 Most ANTICIPATED fights of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Most ANTICIPATED fights of all time

Regardless of the outcome of the fight, this thread is about the most ANTICIPATED matches of all time.

Let’s see if any of you pretend boxing fans really know your stuff, you should be able to pull memories of the excitement prior to a fight and what the public behavior was like.

I’ll throw some names and let’s see if we can put together a list of the TOP 10.

De La Hoya-Mayweather

Pacquiao-Mayweather (obviously number one)

Pacquiao-Marquez 3

Mayweather-Canelo

Tyson-Holyfield II

De La Hoya-Trinidad

Ali-Frazier

Let’s keep it going. Drop some of the most anticipated matches!! I know Cotto got a couple in there.

Ali Frazier 1
    Tyson holyfield
    Mayweather pac
    Hagler Leonard

Comment

Easy.

Plant-Feigenbutz

Comment

Originally posted by dalvecc View Post
        Ali Frazier 1
        Tyson holyfield
        Mayweather pac
        Hagler Leonard
        Them older bouts were hyped af.

Aside from the most obvious highly anticipated matches, is there any matches that come to mind that were highly hyped up but not may have been in the upper echelon of box office sales?

I think the 1st Cotto Margarito bout was super anticipated from a Mexican Puerto Rico rivalry.

And that Loma vs. Rigo bout was pretty hype. Loma schooled him.

Comment

Louis-Smelling

Jack Johnson-Tommy Burns

Ali-Frazier

Mayweahter-Pacquiao

Leonard-Hagler

Tyson-Lewis

Gatti-Ward

Leonard-Hearns

Comment

Leonard Duran was a big build Up.PPV before PPV it was on cc tv.Who could forget the hype around the great white hope vs Holmes.I remember a tremendous amount of hype for Puerto Rico vs Mexico - Sanchez vs Gomez.

Comment

Originally posted by HewJohnson View Post
              Regardless of the outcome of the fight, this thread is about the most ANTICIPATED matches of all time.

Let’s see if any of you pretend boxing fans really know your stuff, you should be able to pull memories of the excitement prior to a fight and what the public behavior was like.

I’ll throw some names and let’s see if we can put together a list of the TOP 10.

De La Hoya-Mayweather

Pacquiao-Mayweather (obviously number one)

Pacquiao-Marquez 3

Mayweather-Canelo

Tyson-Holyfield II

De La Hoya-Trinidad

Ali-Frazier

Let’s keep it going. Drop some of the most anticipated matches!! I know Cotto got a couple in there.
              Where is schmeling Louis 2 ?? Arguably the biggest fight of all time . That and ali frazier which u have listed here

Comment

Only have 5

GGG-Canelo 1
                GGG-Canelo 2
                GGG-Canelo 3
                GGG-Canelo 4
                GGG-Canelo 5

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
                  Where is schmeling Louis 2 ?? Arguably the biggest fight of all time . That and ali frazier which u have listed here
                  I think fights 1 and 2 have to be up there...probably as highly anticipated as any 2 fights out there

Comment

Mayweather-Pac was not a big one for me - can't say that is definitely number 1 - maybe for casuals...if they fought 5 years prior when they should have it would have been deserving of top 10 imo...but as it was, that one was more of an event rather than a fight...I didn't really care about it at all; though I did eagerly Google who won the next morning when I woke up.

Comment

Working...
                    X