• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.softschools.com/quizzes/.../quiz3316.html

Here take this test man.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      15/15!! If you put a "their" or "there" test for me when I was younger, I would have completely failed on that one LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        15/15!! If you put a "their" or "there" test for me when I was younger, I would have completely failed on that one LOL.
        lol nice work man...yeah the one I used to struggle with was the 'I or me' situation...but I think I finally have it worked out! lol

Comment

Fair enough...good post, thanks John...I agree that for how we personally view fighters - we have to factor in our opinions of how we scored those big fights, how we felt they performed in those big fights, etc.

For example...I felt GGG beat Canelo both times, and I think Canelo is a great fighter...so that elevates GGG a bit for me relative to some...but at the same time, I think GGG could have performed better vs Canelo in both fights, and even vs Jacobs and SD in recent fights...so that takes him down a notch or two for me as well...I still feel overall he was a great fighter and accomplished a lot...as did PW, was certainly not taking a swipe at him with any of that.

Fair enough, good post, thanks for the reply...for the record, I was more intrigued by the fact that they had the very similar story in their 2 fights each with the great Mexican A-sides...and then yeah I feel the rest of what they did was quite similar - they both dominated, in different ways, against similar opposition as well...but that was more of an add-on to further the comparison and get some convo started about them and those 2 big fights in particular.

In any event, I do feel GGG had a really solid run at MW and his run stacks up well with a lot other past greats...some, many really on here, disagree...which is fine...I think some guys on here know their stuff a bit and come at stuff from a rather neutral POV, and I like the debate and hearing a good view from the other side...if some good info is presented, I always reserve the right to change my mind.

Others, well I don't think they would give some guys a bit of credit regardless of what the guy does lol...so I kind of take their points with a grain of salt...and unfortunately that goes for a ton of guys on here, from all different backgrounds lol.

But yes...thanks for the reply..and was not trying to slight PW at all...as mentioned, I love lefties who can box, and he was one of the best in that mold to ever do it...my direct comparison to his entire resume to GGG's was more of a causal comparison, and in truth, I am quite high on what GGG accomplished, so while I was a bit casual with the comparison (as I feel it is apt) I guess some others could see it (who don't like GGG) and feel offended.

But good post, thanks again.
          I had GGG winning 1st and 2nd a draw so I do give him full credit. Pea losses were robbery's of the worst kind exp for ODLH which I think most including myself thought Pea won, but no robbery. Pea also has wins with guys much bigger then him. I think GGG is a future HOFer and even an ATG at 60, but he is in another league imo ESP his leval of comp. Count the HOFers each fought, and then remember Pea was smaller then more then a couple.
          Last edited by john l; 03-13-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Don’t bother bud, the guy clearly has an agenda, he literally compared Azumah Nelson to Jacobs, Lemieux and Murray.��
            If that's so he should do some reading and tape watching. Nelson is an EASY HOFer who very well might have beat Sal Sanchez in a rematch. Took him 14rds after 2-3 years fighting pro, with only 13fights and had only fought 8rds before.(he may of had one 10rder). Agree 100% those others(Jacobs, ect) ESP Lemieux who barley makes top 10 at 60,Murry a little better, but still a world away from at least 6-8 of Pea's opponents. None of those 3 will ever sniff HOF unless Jacobs has a hell of a last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              I had GGG winning 1st and 2nd a draw so I do give him full credit. Pea losses were robbery's of the worst kind exp for ODLH which I think most including myself thought Pea won, but no robbery. Pea also has wins with guys much bigger then him. I think GGG is a future HOFer and even an ATG at 60, but he is in another league imo ESP his leval of comp. Count the HOFers each fought, and then remember Pea was smaller then more then a couple.
              Got ya thanks John...I have Chavez, Nelson, ODLH and Tito...am I missing any others?

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                If that's so he should do some reading and tape watching. Nelson is an EASY HOFer who very well might have beat Sal Sanchez in a rematch. Took him 14rds after 2-3 years fighting pro, with only 13fights and had only fought 8rds before.(he may of had one 10rder). Agree 100% those others(Jacobs, ect) ESP Lemieux who barley makes top 10 at 60,Murry a little better, but still a world away from at least 6-8 of Pea's opponents. None of those 3 will ever sniff HOF unless Jacobs has a hell of a last couple years.
                Exactly what I’ve been saying mate... apparently Nelson going toe to toe with Sal Sanchez for 15 rounds is the equivalent of Jacobs losing a competitive decision to Canelo.😂

Completely agree the only way those guys are going to the HOF is if they buy a ticket.

Comment

Lol OK now I just think you're trolling man...so thanks for that...because you can't be serious.

You said 'who's feelings are hurt'...you use 'who's' when it is a substitute for 'who is' (who has)...you have to use 'who's and whose' correctly man lol...you don't just use them interchangeably...the correct one there would be 'whose.'

Above...you said 'whose' quoting who lol...that one should be 'who's' ...as in, 'who is' quoting who again lol...this is hilarious man I love it...if you're trolling you should keep it up...if you're being serious, you should really stop.
                  I put it in speech marks for a reason...

It’s called sarcasm you dumb b***ard. You tried to play the grammar card (and failed) always a sign of desperation.

Clown...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    I put it in speech marks for a reason...

It’s called sarcasm you dumb b***ard. You tried to play the grammar card (and failed) always a sign of desperation.

Clown...
                    As to our earlier convos...it's an opinion about who was right and wrong on a lot of it...as for the grammar stuff...you were clearly wrong on both, and to say you were being ironic, especially the first time, is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig reach lol.

That you can't just man up and admit you made a mistake or two there says a lot about you really...you would rather double down, name-call/get nasty, and make up an excuse rather than just admit you were in the wrong.

I would say that reflects very poorly on you with regards to our prior conversation as well...makes you seem very disingenuous...would say you seem to have an agenda here, and not me mate...anyway, thanks for the laughs today...much appreciated, sincerely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                      As to our earlier convos...it's an opinion about who was right and wrong on a lot of it...as for the grammar stuff...you were clearly wrong on both, and to say you were being ironic, especially the first time, is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig reach lol.

That you can't just man up and admit you made a mistake or two there says a lot about you really...you would rather double down, name-call/get nasty, and make up an excuse rather than just admit you were in the wrong.

I would say that reflects very poorly on you with regards to our prior conversation as well...makes you seem very disingenuous...would say you seem to have an agenda here, and not me mate...anyway, thanks for the laughs today...much appreciated, sincerely.
                      I ain’t reading those essays... when will it sink in to your flat skull? You’re just wasting YOUR own time.

You’ve now also been exposed as an alt on a different thread.

Clown...

Comment

Working...
                      X