Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are some heavyweights just fat cruiserweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are some heavyweights just fat cruiserweights?

Seems like if guys like Adam and Ruiz would just dedicate themselves more to the sport and have a proper diet, they'd be able to make 200 lbs and be relatively muscular and in shape. They have about the same dimensions as most cruiserweights,but with an additional 60-80 lbs*(got corrected by some great posters) of fat on them. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by mike1010011; 03-07-2020, 11:22 PM. Reason: Was corrected

Both would need to drop about 60-70 pounds each. It couldn't happen.

Not cruisers, just small heavyweights carrying extra baggage.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      Seems like if guys like Adam and Ruiz would just dedicate themselves more to the sport and have a proper diet, they'd be able to make 200 lbs and be relatively muscular and in shape. They have about the same dimensions as most cruiserweights,but with an additional 20-30 lbs of fat on them. What do you guys think?
      20-30 pounds of fat? they are almost entirely made up of fat.

Comment

Yeah but cheesecake is just so hard to resist.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          20-30 pounds of fat? they are almost entirely made up of fat.
          Good point,I completely forgot just how heavy these guys actually are. It's insane to think that these guys are basically the same size as usyk,but they carry around so much fat.
          Last edited by mike1010011; 03-07-2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Most HW's struggle when they try to whittle themselves down to CW, look at Szpilka he got knocked down today and went life and death with a dude that was 7-5 and not even Euro level

Comment

I think I could get them down to 220...... I'm not a nutritionist or personal trainer..... or know what I am talking about but there is no reason why any athlete should carry 40+ pounds of fat.

Comment

They'd rather just eat whatever they want at heavyweight than to squeeze into a limited weight class

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Most HW's struggle when they try to whittle themselves down to CW, look at Szpilka he got knocked down today and went life and death with a dude that was 7-5 and not even Euro level
                  Exactly. They lose punch resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Exactly. They lose punch resistance.
                    Perfect example was Chris Byrd who went to 175 and was knocked out by a nondescript fighter....and Roy Jones when he went back to 175. Never good dropping back down, especially at a lower weight. Even Leonard who once took Hagler's bombs was stopped by of all people, Camacho by trying to drop back down.

Comment

Working...
                    X