Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN To Launch In More Than 200 Countries & Territories By Early May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DAZN To Launch In More Than 200 Countries & Territories By Early May

DAZN announced Monday morning that the subscription streaming service will expand its reach to more than 200 countries and territories by early in May. DAZN has made a major imprint in boxing since announcing its launch in the United States in May 2018. It is currently available in nine countries, including Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the U.S.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Viva DAZN!

Comment

United Kingdom ?? That will be interesting with Matchroom ?

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
        There’s too much redundancy with Sky. It’s services for boxing are no longer needed.

Comment

As far as i know, Hearn still has a contract with Sky Sports until next year, but has yet to extend it..so yeah, that may get interesting.

Unless DAZN get’s the boxing rights here in the UK, or Premier League, i doubt it will do so well. So it’ll be interesting to see what they try to get rights to over the next year or so.

Comment

I mean pretty obvious what is happening there. Once the Sky contract runs out, they will primarily operate on DAZN. So if Sky still wants to stay in boxing, they will they need to link with some other promoter. Problem? Warren is already linked with BT Sports so not sure what they can do. Likely just go away from boxing and focus on other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              I mean pretty obvious what is happening there. Once the Sky contract runs out, they will primarily operate on DAZN. So if Sky still wants to stay in boxing, they will they need to link with some other promoter. Problem? Warren is already linked with BT Sports so not sure what they can do. Likely just go away from boxing and focus on other sports.
              HBO’s fall and soon Showtime’s has shown that the OTT market has a more viable infrastructure and technology to truly drive just sports.

With DAZN’s global gross continuing to expand I think DAZN can easily outbid Sky long term with benefits Matchroom. Highest bidder wins

Comment

I gotta wonder if this will lead to more international fight cards? Which, as a hardcore, is an idea that kinda gives me a semi-chub.

Comment

I got the lowdown. Here’s the deal:

DAZN will show all US matchroom cards and golden boy cards and GGG fights.

All UK cards will remain on sky sports until 2021 when their contract runs out.

So for Uk fans that will actually mean paying EXTRA on top of what you was already paying with Sky because the US cards you was getting for free, but they’ll no longer be free now.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                    HBO’s fall and soon Showtime’s has shown that the OTT market has a more viable infrastructure and technology to truly drive just sports.

With DAZN’s global gross continuing to expand I think DAZN can easily outbid Sky long term with benefits Matchroom. Highest bidder wins
                    When are the EPL rights up? Around the same time the Matchroom contract with Sky is up? I'm not sure if DAZN can outbid Sky Sports for EPL, but if they can? Then that's a game changer. They will for sure take control of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X