No announcement yet.

Hip Pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip Pain

When im almost done running I get this pain in my left hip. And when i completly stop running it kills, if i squeeze my hip with my hands or press in areas on my hip the pain goes away somewhat. Anyone know whats wrong?

Originally posted by Burg1606
    When im almost done running I get this pain in my left hip. And when i completly stop running it kills, if i squeeze my hip with my hands or press in areas on my hip the pain goes away somewhat. Anyone know whats wrong?
    Your hip is is a synovial joint, I won't get too technical, but with wear and tear you joint fluid that help protect your joints from grinding one another can but altered. Running long distances for some is a majore cause of overuse injuries, and what you are describing sounds like hip synovitis (inflamation of the synovial joint)maybe u should stop running for a while and do some for of low impact cardio like the stationary bike or eliptical machine. I not a doctor but I do have some practical knowledge of the human body, if in doubt go get it checked out.

Comment

Alright good to know. Im just about to turn 18 and i hope its nothin serious, ill see if i can use some sort of stationary machine at school, but if i cant ill just jumprope and do the other workouts i do. I took a hot bath to see if it would help out my hip and it did but im not sure if it was the hot water or the 4 asprine i took.

Comment

Might be a combo of both the heat and pain killers. Try some heat (hot water bottle or heat bags) and some anti-inflammatories and try some gentle hip stretches. Definitely back off on the running.

Comment

The are two other possible options that are causing the pain in your hip.

Sometimes, a muscle in your buttocks (the piriformis) irritates the sciatic nerve in the lower back, which is usually indicated by back pain. however, the pain can run anywhere from the lowerback all the way down the leg to the foot. the treatment for this is the same as dozer suggested for problems in the synovial joint.

i think, however, that the more likely cause of your pain is simply muscle stress. do you run duck or pigeon footed, run with your knees slightly misaligned, have one leg slightly longer than the other, have high arches, have scoliosis or other back problems, or tend to walk with kind of a limp or a sort of akward strut? all of those things can be responsible for pain practically anywhere in the body if you run a lot. you might want to have someone analyze your form when you run to see if this might be the case.

the best thing you can do, though, is talk to a physician or physical trainer and get a more concrete answer than any of us can give you over the internet.

Comment

yea i noticed today at school that my lower left part of my back hurt, it doesnt feel as bad though right now because i got some rest. I really dont want to go see the doctor or anything dont want to spend the money i dont think its anything serious. but my feet arnt perfectly straight when i run but pretty close. And when i run i kinda squat everytime a foot touches the ground for cussioning by bending my knees some.

Comment

Originally posted by Burg1606
              yea i noticed today at school that my lower left part of my back hurt, it doesnt feel as bad though right now because i got some rest. I really dont want to go see the doctor or anything dont want to spend the money i dont think its anything serious. but my feet arnt perfectly straight when i run but pretty close. And when i run i kinda squat everytime a foot touches the ground for cussioning by bending my knees some.
              train yourself to not feel pain man and you will be all set, pain is just fear locked inside your head, tell yourself your ok and you will be fine, unless of course it's a break or something then you may want to get it fixed I broke my foot ankle twice never got it fixed third time round needed surgery so if a break get it checked if not your fine!

Comment

Well pain doesnt bother me unless it was the pain i was feeling when i stoped running, it hurt to go up my stairs and **** but its almost gone now. Pain is only temporary, Pride is forever.

Comment

Working...
                X