Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was Dominic brezeale's plan exactly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was Dominic brezeale's plan exactly?

Like he's had 8 weeks training with one of the best trainers in the sport

What's the FIRST thing you would think he would work on when fighting Wilder? Defend the right hand, right?

I mean it's no ****ing mystery what the danger was in that fight and where it was going to come from

Then in goes good ol' Dom and gets hit straight down the pipe in ROUND ONE

Wtf was he doing for the last 8 weeks?

I swear to god we need to get rid of people on this forum BAD.

Comment

I think he probably assumed he was the better boxer and could confuse Wilder, you have to remember Wilder looked like an absolute amateur in the Fury fight. Made every school boy error in the book, over and over. I think that may have lulled Breazeale into thinking he was a lot cuter than Wilder with his boxing, but Wilder is also crazily unorthodox and Breazeale just doesn't have the same reflexes or speed needed to keep out of the firing line. Unfortunately it was the first really big right hand Wilder threw, Breazeale was just floating along like a big ugly duckling in the firing line.

Comment

Wait and counter Wilder wild looping shots. He was actually trying to counter Wilder with a left uppercut right before getting caught.....Wilder just caught him 1st.

Comment

Breazeale just isn't good anyway, so not even sure what kind of plan he could have.

Wilder is probably a bit underrated too in some ways. You can't even say fighters have a punchers chance against him, or it probably would've been evident by now.

These big static targets are not beating Wilder, whether they can punch or not. He might not be a great boxer per se, but he has great ability to land the big shot, it's not a fluke, he has a real knack for it. Unless you can move like Fury and truly outclass him, then i think Wilder is very hard to beat. I think him and AJ is a case of who lands first, and Wilder generally does.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone WBCfan View Post
            Like he's had 8 weeks training with one of the best trainers in the sport

What's the FIRST thing you would think he would work on when fighting Wilder? Defend the right hand, right?

I mean it's no ****ing mystery what the danger was in that fight and where it was going to come from

Then in goes good ol' Dom and gets hit straight down the pipe in ROUND ONE

Wtf was he doing for the last 8 weeks?
            Breezy is and always has been a slow starter.

His plan was to try and repeat Fury's performance for six, then turn it up late.

He didn't expect Wilder to go aggro in the first round because he hardly ever did before Stiverne.

When he got wobbled by that first shot, before he got backed in the corner, I knew it was a matter of time. That's what Wilder looks for.

Comment

I thought people said Wilder doesn’t have any skills? It takes skills to land that punch every single time, especially when everyone and their mama knows that’s your punch.

Comment

I just think Dom was so angry and bitter towards Deontay that he classed that as an extra layer of protection on his chin so he didnt really need to bother with defending himself. He positioned himself from the very 1st moment right in Wilder firing line and expected he could slug it out. Idiot. Man people need to stay away from Virgil Hunter too.

It was a highlight reel KO by Wilder, a real sweet one but once again it was telegraphed and a typical Wilder shot coming from the tell of holding the jab in place as he follows up with his right yet it seemed to be a complete surprise to Breazeale. A hell of a shot but that would be the very 1st shot Breazeale should of been training to defend against.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  I think he probably assumed he was the better boxer and could confuse Wilder, you have to remember Wilder looked like an absolute amateur in the Fury fight. Made every school boy error in the book, over and over. I think that may have lulled Breazeale into thinking he was a lot cuter than Wilder with his boxing, but Wilder is also crazily unorthodox and Breazeale just doesn't have the same reflexes or speed needed to keep out of the firing line. Unfortunately it was the first really big right hand Wilder threw, Breazeale was just floating along like a big ugly duckling in the firing line.
                  I think you’re right. It seemed like he was flirting with the idea of smothering wilders power very early in the round. But there wasn’t enough of a fight to really take what dom’s plan was. Wilder did a few nice things. He had breazeale measured up early tho. He computed him very quickly and realized how much better he was in every way and took care of business

Comment

get to a bank that is open early and on sundays.

Comment

Working...
                    X