Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Nobody knows Anthony Joshua in America” are you guys telling the truth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Nobody knows Anthony Joshua in America” are you guys telling the truth?

I’m in la on holiday. I was in the lift earlier and someone overheard my British accent and asked if I was from the U.K. and the first thing he said after that was he follows British boxers and in particular aj.

Are you guys being honest when you say nobody knows who he is or do you just mean the average American? Because it’s already been proven the average American isn’t sure who wilder is either. I know one person doesn’t mean he’s the most famous person in history but I find it strange that’s the first thing someone would say to me, he must be relatively well known

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    I’m in la on holiday. I was in the lift earlier and someone overheard my British accent and asked if I was from the U.K. and the first thing he said after that was he follows British boxers and in particular aj.

Are you guys being honest when you say nobody knows who he is or do you just mean the average American? Because it’s already been proven the average American isn’t sure who wilder is either. I know one person doesn’t mean he’s the most famous person in history but I find it strange that’s the first thing someone would say to me, he must be relatively well known
    I don’t know about Los Angeles but it sounds like your experience may be an anomaly and not the type of thing you would normally encounter.

I live near Seattle and to the best of my knowledge AJ is not well known here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
      I don’t know about Los Angeles but it sounds like your experience may be an anomaly and not the type of thing you would normally encounter.

I live near Seattle and to the best of my knowledge AJ is not well known here.
      Fair. The guy did say he’s a big boxing fan and even knew who buatsi was so he’s obviously not your average joe. I guess a good estimate will to see how full msg is. I’ve heard tickets have sold fast and I’ve also heard they’ve been bought by secondary retailers so I’ll guess we will see on the night.

Comment

Nobody knows him like that and boxing is a niche sport anyway.

Just because you ran into a fan doesn't mean much. I could run into a kid that plays Magic The Gathering, doesn't mean its exploding again.

Fury and Wilder both are more popular, but even then that's mostly boxing fan and boxer circles we are talking about.

The average true casual still thinks guys like ODLH and Floyd are "active".

Comment

Sadly, the average American knows Floyd, Manny, and MAYBE an ok percentage know Canelo. That's it man. People would think AJ was a football player if they saw him walking the streets. They'd think Wilder played basketball.

Comment

Hardcore fans, yes. Casuals, barely.
            If AJs fight with Miller is any good, it'll be all over ESPN, news, etc.

Comment

Are you sure the driver didn't confuse AJ for Anthony Johnson ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                I could run into a kid that plays Magic The Gathering, doesn't mean its exploding again.
                Want to play Old School (93/94) Magic on Skype or Appear sometime?

Comment

I'd say close to completely unknown, unless you are a hardcore boxing fan. What has Joshua done in boxing, or US boxing? Why should anyone know him? He's not special in this area, maybe in the UK, or Europe. In boxing, he's nothing special.

Sorry, but, the guy is a skill less Mummy.
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-10-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

first thing he said after that was he follows British boxers and in particular aj.
                    someone in the US following boxing at all is rare. someone in the US following british boxing is even more rare.

but of course if you stumble across one of the few here following british boxing, they'll know who AJ is.

Comment

Working...
                    X