Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Povetkin?
    Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Nobody, he was the pinnacle of boxing at that time.

Before he lost first time Cus died, Jacobs died, he fired Clayton, he fired Rooney, he married and divorced a cow, met King and stopped training, plus about thousand other incidents going on at that time. There was nothing of the old against Buster when he first lost.

Just watch the pre match montage at the beginning to see what kind of crazy life Mike was having.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Does it stop at 1989 solely because Douglas beat him from pillar to post in 1990?

Comment

Ali, Holmes, Foreman and Liston are the only ones I would say with confidence. The rest I'm sure he would have beat.
          billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Who wins;

Pre-Douglas Tyson vs Draft dodging Ali

Next match-up is;

Roy 'If he retired after Tarver 2' Jones Jr vs drunken Kelly Pavlik with a staph infection.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
              Ali, Holmes, Foreman and Liston are the only ones I would say with confidence. The rest I'm sure he would have beat.
              Good picks, I'd have to agree. I'd probably also throw in Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Does it stop at 1989 solely because Douglas beat him from pillar to post in 1990?
                He probably should have stopped it at 1988 since that's when Tyson fired Kevin Rooney and severed all ties to the Cus D'Amato training team that had molded his style.

He was never quite the same after that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  He probably should have stopped it at 1988 since that's when Tyson fired Kevin Rooney and severed all ties to the Cus D'Amato training team that had molded his style.

He was never quite the same after that.
                  Tyson fanatics are always very careful about how they frame his greatness. And the excuses are loaded and ready to be fired.

Comment

As far as excuses go its a reasonable one, though. Don't you think?

The guys that did the hands-on work of training Tyson according to D'Amato's instructions were gone after '88.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      As far as excuses go its a reasonable one, though. Don't you think?

The guys that did the hands-on work of training Tyson according to D'Amato's instructions were gone after '88.
                      D'Amato was very old and died before Mike ever fought for a title. Other than Jacobs, all the others were chased away by Tyson. So ultimately who gets the blame for that?

Comment

Working...
                      X