Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell: Berchelt Would Be Easy Work; Too Slow, Flat-Footed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
    Russell announced he was a free agent and able to sign anywhere
    Talk is cheap. Let's see him sign with Top Rank and back it up. There are plenty of fights over there at 126/130/135.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Talk is cheap. Let's see him sign with Top Rank and back it up. There are plenty of fights over there at 126/130/135.
      If you read a few comments later I quoted another commenter and said let’s see if he actually means it..

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
        For Russel everyone is easy talk, not easy work. All he does is talking. Jo Jo Dias beat 6 rounds out of him and Berchelt is no Jo Jo: nor this flat footed, nor this stupid.
        What are you saying bro? Diaz didn't win 6 rounds vs Gary. I think he may have lost all 12 rounds. I like Diaz too but he was out classed. He showed heart and I think he can get better though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          He shouldn't have to sign with TR to get the fight.

Comment

Blah Blah Blah typical PBC fighter calling out fighters they never intent to fight. Look at the D class fighter you just fought. Look at you fighting TBA next.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
              He shouldn't have to sign with TR to get the fight.
              We both know how this goes. If I had a dollar for everything that shouldn't be in this world. His other option is taking 25% as a mandatory against Berchelt.

Comment

If no Santa Cruz then he should be allowed to challenge fellow WBC champ Berchelt.

A win there would really mess with Arum's plans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  If no Santa Cruz then he should be allowed to challenge fellow WBC champ Berchelt.

A win there would really mess with Arum's plans.
                  You think Gary would accept a 25% split?

Comment

Berchelt is too big and strong for Gary. Berchelt definitely beats anyone currently in Gary's division, including Santa Cruz, but that's to be expected as he is the bigger fighter.

Gary needs to get a fight against Santa Cruz, but I'm feeling like Cruz/Haymon/whomever is not letting this fight happen as it should.

Comment

Russell just talks about what he'd do without ever doing it.

besides, i'd pick Berchelt to win. He's tall and long with some good solid boxing ability. And if that were to fail, which I don't think it would, Berchelt could just pressure him and make it too hot in there for him to keep up.

Comment

Working...
                      X