No announcement yet.

13,181 Attendance for Wilder/Breazeale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    They didn't sell less then 900 tickets. They didn't come anywhere near selling 13,000 tickets (which isn't even a great attendance to start with). Look what percent of the attendance actually paid for the last PBC fight with Hurd.

http://mmapayout.com/2019/05/pbc-on-...y-in-virginia/

MMA Payout has obtained from the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation the attendance, gate and payouts from the PBC on Fox event at the Eaglebank Arena in Fairfax.

The main card which aired on Fox and took place at the Eaglebank Arena in Fairfax drew a gate of $283,941.25 with 6,713 in attendance. Of the attendance, 2,850 paid while there were 3,863 comps. Of the tickets sold, 675 were purchased via discount.

They might of sold HALF the amount of the 13K attendance. probably gave away at minimum 5K tickets for free maybe more.
    Now you are counting apples and oranges. I am talking specifically about how much meat was packed in the seats that evening. It doesn't matter to me if those tickets were sold or not.

I am solely focusing on the attendance alone. Whether those in attendance paid, scalped or got their tickets for free. They were there.

The fact is there were still more than 13,000 people in attendance at the Barclay's that evening and I don't know whether or not they paid or got in for free and neither does you.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      The Spence/Garcia card did 4.7M in live gate and the numbers were not released by anyone. I had to get them from the Texas Commission. So I don't think that is it. The Pacquiao/Broner live gate was over 6M and not released until MONTHS after from Jed I Goodman who got them from the commission. These are two cards where the numbers were good and not released.

So which promoter releases numbers on the regular?
      It's not just the revenue it's the AMOUNT of tickets that were comp'd that some promoters are hiding. How many tickets were given away/comp'd for the Spence/Garcia fight? How many were given away at the Pac/Broner fight if you release the live gate generated then you are admitting how many tickets were ACTUALLY sold. For whatever reason PBC has been inflating attendance numbers more then any other promoter I can find. Which is why they are purposely not releasing little to any live gate figures in their fights. Golden Boy Top Rank, Hearn release a lot of their live gate figures. PBC almost NEVER does and when they come out you see far more tickets handed out for free then other promtoers which get's exposed if you do release live gate figures.

PBC's last big fight on FOX had attendance where almost 60% of the attendance didn't pay were given free tickets. Comps are normal in fights but 50-60% of your venue filled with comps is NOT normal especially for big fights.
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-21-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

It's not just the revenue it's the AMOUNT of tickets that were comp'd that some promoters are hiding. How many tickets were given away/comp'd for the Spence/Garcia fight? How many were given away at the Pac/Broner fight if you release the live gate generated then you are admitting how many tickets were ACTUALLY sold. For whatever reason PBC has been inflating attendance numbers more then any other promoter I can find. Which is why they are purposely not releasing little to any live gate figures in their fights. Golden Boy Top Rank, Hearn release a lot of their live gate figures. PBC almost NEVER does and when they come out you see far more tickets handed out for free then other promtoers which get's exposed if you do release live gate figures.

PBC's last big fight on FOX had attendance where almost 60% of the attendance didn't pay were given free tickets. Comps are normal in fights but 50-60% of your venue filled with comps is NOT normal especially for big fights.
        How come TR didn't release the Lomachenko/Crolla numbers then? Jed I Goodman IIRC had to get the numbers from the commission and he is the one that put them out finally last week. And how about Crawford vs Khan? How did those numbers look? Which reporter has those numbers? If you know, please point them to me since I haven't been able to see them.

Matchroom? Ha!! They are super secretive and have been very quiet on their US shows. Point me to some shows they have released the numbers for? Spoiler alert, not many....If ANY. In fact, Hearn comes from the UK where it is damn near impossible to get the live gate numbers and the PPV numbers. He even said he isn't used to of all this information getting out like it does in the states.

Comment

How come TR didn't release the Lomachenko/Crolla numbers then? Jed I Goodman IIRC had to get the numbers from the commission and he is the one that put them out finally last week. And how about Crawford vs Khan? How did those numbers look? Which reporter has those numbers? If you know, please point them to me since I haven't been able to see them.

Matchroom? Ha!! They are super secretive and have been very quiet on their US shows. Point me to some shows they have released the numbers for? Spoiler alert, not many....If ANY. In fact, Hearn comes from the UK where it is damn near impossible to get the live gate numbers and the PPV numbers. He even said he isn't used to of all this information getting out like it does in the states.
          because that fight didn't do well. Top Rank didn't lie and pretend it had great attendance numbers then REFUSE to release live gate numbers. That's the difference. PBC just said Wilder did 13K attendance for barclays that would be amazing. If Golden Boy or Top Rank or Matchroom release attendance that high they would release live gate and revenue figures. Why won't PBC? Because those attendance numbers are BS. If a fight on Top Rank or matchroom does terrible attendance numbers of course they won't release live gate figures because everyone acknowledges the fight didn't draw much attendance and revenue from those low attendances. PBC however inflates their attendance numbers to make it look like a lot of people are showing up to these events they even release the attendance numbers to the press and media...but NEVER the live gates even when those attendances don't make sense and seem way to high for the demand for that fight. then someone digs finds the live gate which prove they are flat out giving away tickets like crazy and more then half the venue were comp'd even for big events.

Matchroom has already released how many tickets have been sold for the Joshua fight and I guarantee you they will release the live gate numbers after that fight because the attendance will be high but then again they are actually selling tickets not just giving them away to falsely inflate attendance numbers. If you have high attendance numbers and don't release live gate it's because that attendance is bs.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-21-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

What were the gate numbers? How many tickets were comped? I remember Lomachenko vs Crolla had about 10,000 people in attendance but it turned out they only sold about 5,000.

Comment

because that fight didn't do well. Top Rank didn't lie and pretend it had great attendance numbers then REFUSE to release live gate numbers. That's the difference. PBC just said Wilder did 13K attendance for barclays that would be amazing. If Golden Boy or Top Rank or Matchroom release attendance that high they would release live gate and revenue figures. Why won't PBC? Because those attendance numbers are BS. If a fight on Top Rank or matchroom does terrible attendance numbers of course they won't release live gate figures because everyone acknowledges the fight didn't draw much attendance and revenue from those low attendances. PBC however inflates their attendance numbers to make it look like a lot of people are showing up to these events they even release the attendance numbers to the press and media...but NEVER the live gates even when those attendances don't make sense and seem way to high for the demand for that fight. then someone digs finds the live gate which prove they are flat out giving away tickets like crazy and more then half the venue were comp'd even for big events.

This makes no sense at all. Look at the first part of your statement. TR announced Crawford/Khan was a sellout or did like 14k just like the attendance was announced as 10k for Lomachenko/Crolla.

I follow this kind of stuff. Rarely are you going to get the live gate numbers and all that immediately. Nevada fights or Canelo fight numbers get released the quickest as did Mayweather fights in the past. But as for others? Nah, it simply doesn't happen. Matchroom USA hasn't released ANY attendance numbers of their own as far as I can tell. In fact, no one even knows what the hell they did in Philly or Kansas or one of their Chicago cards. And those cards were pretty irrelevant so safe bet no one will go out of their way to find out either.

TR just had their two biggest stars going back to back weeks and announced 14k and 10k in attendance for both fights...Yet didn't release any numbers. And guess what? That is just par for course. q

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                What were the gate numbers? How many tickets were comped? I remember Lomachenko vs Crolla had about 10,000 people in attendance but it turned out they only sold about 5,000.
                That's pretty much for every fight.

As for the numbers for this fight? Good f'n luck getting them anytime soon. NYSAC has not responded to my email about the Crawford/Khan numbers....And that was damn near three weeks ago lol. Texas or California commission will get back to you fairly soon, but NY commission? Forget about it.

Comment

This makes no sense at all. Look at the first part of your statement. TR announced Crawford/Khan was a sellout or did like 14k just like the attendance was announced as 10k for Lomachenko/Crolla.

I follow this kind of stuff. Rarely are you going to get the live gate numbers and all that immediately. Nevada fights or Canelo fight numbers get released the quickest as did Mayweather fights in the past. But as for others? Nah, it simply doesn't happen. Matchroom USA hasn't released ANY attendance numbers of their own as far as I can tell. In fact, no one even knows what the hell they did in Philly or Kansas or one of their Chicago cards. And those cards were pretty irrelevant so safe bet no one will go out of their way to find out either.

TR just had their two biggest stars going back to back weeks and announced 14k and 10k in attendance for both fights...Yet didn't release any numbers. And guess what? That is just par for course. q
                  When did TR announce a sellout? How is that possible if MSG holds 20K? Stop. I already told you Loma/Crolla didn't do well which is why they couldn't back up their attendance with live gate. When Top Rank fights actually do well they back it up with live gates. PBC hides all the time even when they have high attendance. You want to know why? Because they are constantly giving out more free tickets then other promoters and when we do see a live gate leaked by some other media this trend proves it self. Crawford/Khan bombed I've said that from day 1.

Comment

When did TR announce a sellout? How is that possible if MSG holds 20K? Stop. I already told you Loma/Crolla didn't do well which is why they couldn't back up their attendance with live gate. When Top Rank fights actually do well they back it up with live gates. PBC hides all the time even when they have high attendance. You want to know why? Because they are constantly giving out more free tickets then other promoters and when we do see a live gate leaked by some other media this trend proves it self. Crawford/Khan bombed I've said that from day 1.
                    I said 14k or sellout or whatever they announced...And yes, that is what was announced. They said 14k in attendance and Max kept talking about it post-fight.

So you are actually agreeing with me that no promoter really releases the numbers? LIS, we went back to back weeks with TR's two top fighters and the numbers never got released by them. Matchroom USA hasn't released any numbers that I am aware of. This is par for course. Don't get it twisted seeing Canelo and Mayweather numbers and thinking that is what happens all the time....When that isn't the case.

And I wouldn't say the Lomachenko/Crolla numbers bombed. Doing 559k on a Friday night is pretty damn solid.

Do we even know the actual numbers Crawford did in his Omaha fights or Lomachenko's actual numbers against Pedraza/Linares?

Top Rank has Jose Ramirez doing 10k on the regular at the Save Mart Center....And have yet to ever release the actual live gate numbers. They got released like a month or two after the actual fight by Jed I Goodman.

Again, I like to follow this kind of stuff. And you can going forward start to keep track yourself and then tell me how many of these cards numbers are being reported by the promoters opposed to folks like Jed I Goodman requesting them from the commission himself.

Comment

I said 14k or sellout or whatever they announced...And yes, that is what was announced. They said 14k in attendance and Max kept talking about it post-fight.

So you are actually agreeing with me that no promoter really releases the numbers? LIS, we went back to back weeks with TR's two top fighters and the numbers never got released by them. Matchroom USA hasn't released any numbers that I am aware of. This is par for course. Don't get it twisted seeing Canelo and Mayweather numbers and thinking that is what happens all the time....When that isn't the case.

And I wouldn't say the Lomachenko/Crolla numbers bombed. Doing 559k on a Friday night is pretty damn solid.

Do we even know the actual numbers Crawford did in his Omaha fights or Lomachenko's actual numbers against Pedraza/Linares?

Top Rank has Jose Ramirez doing 10k on the regular at the Save Mart Center....And have yet to ever release the actual live gate numbers. They got released like a month or two after the actual fight by Jed I Goodman.

Again, I like to follow this kind of stuff. And you can going forward start to keep track yourself and then tell me how many of these cards numbers are being reported by the promoters opposed to folks like Jed I Goodman requesting them from the commission himself.
                      Not debating that they announced 14K I'm saying they never said it was a sell out or even close when the venue holds over 20k. No I don't agree with you when these other promoters do good ticket sales they all release live gate figures. I don't think Loma or Crawford fights did well think both underperformed and lost money. PBC literally never releases live gate figures even for fights where they scream these are great attendances. And when the live gates do come out they show they inflate attendances more then other promoters. I know Wilder fight didn't do well at the box office because Ticketmaster showed they weren't selling and only a fool thinks when Ticketmaster stopped selling Wilder got over 5K fans to walk up and pay for tickets while the card was going on. Live gates where PBC giving 60% for their last big fight on Fox is just further evidence of what we all know and has been wildly reported. Remember when PBC first started airing they literally hired a agency firms to pay fans to show up on some tv talk show shyt where they pay you to come clap on TV shyt. Yes that happened with PBC and they hand out more comps then any of the other promoters even for big fights. I don't know why you even trying to argue that fact. More comps is why they are more secretive giving out any live gate info

Comment

Working...
                      X