No announcement yet.

Wilder-Ortiz 2 is entirely pointless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Wilder struggled but he still dropped Fury twice. I think next time he will stop trying to force a knockout and will try to be more accurate and place his punches better.
    what?? doyou think fury wont adjust, in the first fight i count with my fingers where wilder have the upper hand that include the two kd. Fury control the pace, making wilder punch air all night long and only got caught while being careless. fury already have the blueprint to convincingly win the fight, wilder dont have one yet.

Comment

💩 is boring af

Comment

Wilder should attack Ortiz quick dude look fat in the right during the post fight get him out of there quick

Comment

That Christian Hammer fight really ruined the rematch for me. Ortiz looked horrible in that one

Comment

I don't think it is pointless at all, though it would not be anywhere near my top pick. Breazeale did something really really stupid and got knocked out because of it. Ortiz might very well lose again but he won't be dropping his left hand to waist level, that's for certain. Ortiz is a smart fighter. He had won more rounds than he lost the first go round when Wilder got a right hand around Ortiz's guard, it's not likely that Ortiz is going to let that happen again.

Not saying I wouldn't favor Wilder in a rematch, I would. Physically Wilder might be too much for the old man but there is always a chance that the craftiness factor comes into play and Ortiz catches Wilder with something he was not expecting.

Comment

I really don't care too much about a rematch. Wilder should be fighting someone else.

It is not like Ortiz mounted a great comeback series of fights. It seems he just kept busy waiting for the phone to ring.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                Wilder should attack Ortiz quick dude look fat in the right during the post fight get him out of there quick
                It would be a smart fight for Wilder based on what you're saying. It gives him the possibility of refining his craft. A slow, fat Ortiz lets Wilder work the body a little more, getting practice in versus a world-class opponent.

But it does nothing for his resume, nor does Ortiz deserve a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  what?? doyou think fury wont adjust, in the first fight i count with my fingers where wilder have the upper hand that include the two kd. Fury control the pace, making wilder punch air all night long and only got caught while being careless. fury already have the blueprint to convincingly win the fight, wilder dont have one yet.
                  What's Fury going to do differently? He's just going to try to outbox him again like he was doing the first time.

Wilder is the one that has to adjust and fight smarter. Don't focus so much on trying to force a knockout.

Comment

Working...
                  X