Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum is panicking because Crawford/Khan PPV flopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt Bob or ESPN will let Fat Dan post an article about the PPV buys. PPV figures are rarely released officially these days, but Fat Dan typically posts a sourced article. I doubt we even see that for this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      He ain't fighting 3x's a year now. That's wishful thinking on Bomac's part. Top Rank can't afford to fight him 3x's a year. Crawford & Spence have both fought 10x's since 2015

Spence is signed to fight Porter this summer.

Do you keep up with boxing bro?

Or are you just here to hate on pbc?
      Took him 2 years to get a legit top guy in his own motherland PBC
      after the Brook fight.
      And you expect Crawford to be treated differently at PBC?
      You think he'll get Garcia right away or Thurman?
      You fanboys are dreamers.

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
        Took him 2 years to get a legit top guy in his own motherland PBC.
        And you expect Crawford to be treated differently at PBC?
        You think he'll get Garcia right away or Thurman?
        You fanboys are dreamers.
        Porter has been Champion less than a year. It's taken him less than a year to get a unification with a fellow PBC fighter.

On the other hand Arum refused to invest in Crawford and give him the Manny fight. That woulda catapulted Crawford to the mainstream. But Arum wouldn't invest in Crawford's future
        Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 04-28-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          1) I never said this fight would be exciting.

2) Easter Jr HAS been more exciting than Herring. That's not debateable.

3) Easter Jr's fight with Commey was WAY more exciting than any fight Herring has been in.

4) Herring-Ito may be more exciting, but who said otherwise? Who debated that Robert/Rances was going to be a great fight or anything?

5) Herring was getting boo'd in the 10 rounder he had on ESPN, that is a fact.

6) You said Herring was one of Haymon's biggest signings which was laughable.

You keep taking things to the extreme and start to say things that were never debated.
          biggest signings from that Olympics I said.

Last night’s showtime card was the worst of the year so far. I don’t ever need to see any of those fighters except for Efe ever again.

Comment

Porter has been Champion less than a year. It's taken him less than a year to get a unification with a fellow PBC fighter.

On the other hand Arum refused to invest in Crawford and give him the Manny fight. That woulda catapulted Crawford to the mainstream. But Arum wouldn't invest in Crawford's future
            manny wouldn’t fight him just like manny won’t fight Spence.

Comment

Sources: Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury fight generates 325,000 PPV buys

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...s?platform=amp

According to various media reports, the Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury showdown compelled between 300,000-325,000

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshkat...l-streams/amp/

DEONTAY WILDER VS. TYSON FURY TRACKING AT OVER 300,00 PAY-PER-VIEW BUYS

https://www.******.com/549226-deonta...per-view-buys/

Canelo Alvarez's return to the junior middleweight division against Liam Smith last month generated close to 300,000 pay-per-view buys, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya told ESPN.com.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-per-view-buys

Canelo Alvarez’s stoppage of Liam Smith on Sept. 17 produced an attendance record of 51,420 for a boxing match at AT&T Stadium. No such records were set on HBO PPV, but it didn’t spit the bit, either. The bout against the mostly unknown Smith garnered around 300,000 buys, a source told ******.com on Tuesday.

https://www.******.com/467945-canelo...0000-ppv-buys/

The trustworthy L.A. Times reporter Lance Pugmire came out yesterday and announced to the world that last weekend’s WBO super welterweight title fight between Canelo Alvarez and Liam Smith did roughly 250-300 thousand pay per view buys

https://www.*************.com/column...h-ppv-numbers/
              Rick Glaser reported Fury-Wilder did 278k buys. He also reported ggg-Lemieux did 97k buys. You go by the 97k for ggg u have to go by 278k for wilder. tou wouldnt want to
              Be a hypocrite right?

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
                Rick Glaser reported Fury-Wilder did 278k buys. He also reported ggg-Lemieux did 97k buys. You go by the 97k for ggg u have to go by 278k for wilder. tou wouldnt want to
                Be a hypocrite right?
                No I have not! I have never gone by the 97k number. Ask _Maxi if you don't believe me.

I might be a hater but imma keep it consistent. I even said Ward lost that first Kovalev fight even though I like Ward over Kovalev.

And I was exposing Glaser in the other thread about his lies.

Try again

Comment

No I have not! I have never gone by the 97k number. Ask _Maxi if you don't believe me.

I might be a hater but imma keep it consistent. I even said Ward lost that first Kovalev fight even though I like Ward over Kovalev.

And I was exposing Glaser in the other thread about his lies.

Try again
                  You do know that all ppvs are inflated right?

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    You do know that all ppvs are inflated right?
                    Ok bro. You got nothing left. Pointless to continue

Comment

Ok bro. You got nothing left. Pointless to continue
                      Just know it didn’t sell 300k. That’s why Arum didn’t want the rematch yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X