Collapse
No announcement yet.

BoxingScene Experts: How Did Haymon ''steal'' GBP fighters - theories welcomed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoxingScene Experts: How Did Haymon ''steal'' GBP fighters - theories welcomed

I would love to hear the trillest of the trills as to how GBP and Haymon went to war.

We know that many PBC fighters were once GBP fighters. So realistically GBP made most of these fighters and FUNDAMENTALLY gave them the opportunities.

But to put into perspective, simple throwback fights like Lopez vs Maidana were great GBP cards. Showtime was doing great commentary back then.

Then all of a sudden there was some mysticism that if you joined PBC, fighters would get paid more..

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    I would love to hear the trillest of the trills as to how GBP and Haymon went to war.

We know that many PBC fighters were once GBP fighters. So realistically GBP made most of these fighters and FUNDAMENTALLY gave them the opportunities.

But to put into perspective, simple throwback fights like Lopez vs Maidana were great GBP cards. Showtime was doing great commentary back then.

Then all of a sudden there was some mysticism that if you joined PBC, fighters would get paid more..
    I don't believe they were stolen most if not all the former Gbp fighters under Haymon we're under contract on a fight by fight basis if they were even signed at all and Haymon also had had fighters under Lou Dibella and Goosen Tutor which is now Haymons lead promotor TGB along with Ringstar

Comment

Most of those guys never actually had promotional contracts with GB. They were just Haymon guys who fought on GB cards. Richard Schaefer allowed this practice to happen by taking advantage of Oscar's trust when he was ****ed up and in rehab. Schaefer wasn't working in the best interests of GB he was doing what was good for Haymon. You can't trust Schaefer, he is a snake of the highest order.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
        I don't believe they were stolen most if not all the former Gbp fighters under Haymon we're under contract on a fight by fight basis if they were even signed at all and Haymon also had had fighters under Lou Dibella and Goosen Tutor which is now Haymons lead promotor TGB along with Ringstar
        Wasn't it really Floyd's adverts of Haymon in every fight he won Till Dis Day that influenced the youngies to want that fame!!?

Knowing Floyd, didn't he conspire to help Haymon acquire more fighters?

Comment

Most of the fighters were originally signed by and developed by Golden Boy. But were not being re-signed to Golden Boy while at the same time being funneled to sign with Al Haymon as advisor. The CEO (Schaefer) who Oscar put in charge and trusted was stabbing him in the back colluding with Haymon behind the owner of Golden Boy's back. Schaefer was making moves with Haymon to buy Oscar out of his own company. When Oscar turned down the offer to sell his company he started digging and looking at the contracts of his fighters. When Schaefer couldn't answer him on what fighters are actually signed under contract with Golden Boy is what cause their beef. By the time Oscar took Schaefer to court you had a majority of guys contract's had expired and they were only signed with Haymon, some guys signed with both and some guys who had 1 or 2 fights remaining. Part of the settlement Golden Boy received (reported over 10M) was damages caused by Schaefer not following his fiduciary responsibility to his employer Golden Boy and some was to buy out the remaining contracts Golden boy did have so Haymon had full control of all his guys.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Most of those guys never actually had promotional contracts with GB. They were just Haymon guys who fought on GB cards. Richard Schaefer allowed this practice to happen by taking advantage of Oscar's trust when he was ****ed up and in rehab. Schaefer wasn't working in the best interests of GB he was doing what was good for Haymon. You can't trust Schaefer, he is a snake of the highest order.
            It would've still been beneficial to Golden Boy as even they weren't signed they still benefited as if they were their fighters which is why their profits plummeted after all the Haymon fighters left plus they were repping their promotion I guarantee you Golden Boy regrets severing that relationship as all they have now is Canelo who basically is Golden Boy he makes and generates a majority of their profits and revenue

Comment

It would've still been beneficial to Golden Boy as even they weren't signed they still benefited as if they were their fighters which is why their profits plummeted after all the Haymon fighters left plus they were repping their promotion I guarantee you Golden Boy regrets severing that relationship as all they have now is Canelo who basically is Golden Boy he makes and generates a majority of their profits and revenue
              I don't think so. Now GB has their big DAZN deal and have total control of their business and their fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                I don't think so. Now GB has their big DAZN deal and have total control of their business and their fighters.
                Take Canelo out and who exactly are “their fighters”?

Comment

Not when the owner of the company hasn't approved this or is aware of this. Oscar owned the company his CEO works for him yet his CEO was pushing his fighters to sign with Haymon and not Golden Boy. Oscar was fine continuing to work with Haymon he just wanted guys to be under contract and his bigger beef is that snake Schaefer who was a family friend that's how he got the job at Goden Boy in the first place. His CEO handed the keys to his entire roster over to Haymon. I think Oscar is happy today all his guys are actually under contract and under control he kept Canelo who was the most important fighter and Canelo is bigger today then he was then and bigger then any fighter he lost. He took the money from that settlement and signed top young talent like Ryan Garcia and Vergil Ortiz and many young prospects. If you look what promoter has a better stable of young fighters right now then Golden Boy? Ryan Garcia, Vergil Ortiz, Rocky Hernandez, Jaime Munugai.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-04-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    Take Canelo out and who exactly are “their fighters”?
                    They have plenty of other good fighters.

http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/en/fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X