Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: If Wilder Hits Him On the Chin, It's Goodbye Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH I think Wilder's power is as hyped as the rest of his 'attributes'.
    If we agree that it is easier to stop a journeyman / bum than a quality opponent then we can eliminate about 95% of Deontay's resume.
    Then you've got the one punch on Stiverne, which was a good punch, but the guy was never there to fight and just like Charles Martin V Joshua he took his cheque and left.
    The straight shot that Wlad hit Joshua with has stopped many QUALITY guys and Joshua got rocked but got up. He also took other huge digs from Klitschko as well as having taken Povetkin's shots, Parkers, Whyte's and others. All big hitters..in short, Wilder's power is exaggerated and Joshua's chin is tried and tested. I do believe that Wilder has a good chin, and I would not rule him out of pulling off the upset V Joshua. Bookies make Joshua shorter than a 2/1 favourite so even though Wilder is the dog here he should stop being a ducker and simply make the fight, he has a puncher's chance and he will have home field in the first of two, if he doesn't ***** out of getting destroyed in the UK for the rematch lol.
    How anybody at all can defend this guy's chronic yellow streak is an enigma to me and most other serious non- fanboy types.
    I will say that it is very encouraging to see the sheer volume of former Wilder supporters who have had enough of his (and Finkel's) bs and are now calling this guy out for hostaging and not fighting. Enough is enough. Boxing fans unite and end this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I think Wilder's style is too awkward for Joshua, and this fight doesn't go 12 rounds IMHO. Joshua for me has stamina issues, i think both fighters chin is questionable, Wilder more so because his level of opposition has been terrible until recent.

But looking at everything i like the way Wilder manages his stamina, i like his awkwardness and shots from different angles. this are the things i cannot see a robotic Joshua overcoming.

Joshua's defence is using his hands and gloves to block shots, hmmmm you cannot do that against Wilder, because he can punch through your guard and probably hurt you.

Wilder by KO before the 11th round for me. But you know what? I would love nothing more than to see Wilder get destroyed by Joshua (Nothing to do with being British) but because of all these dumb Wilder fanatics who started the "He is ducking Wilder crusade" and then proceed to shift the goalpost to suit their narratives every time he gets offered/turns down career high paydays.
      This is why the fight is so intriguing. Maybe Wilder's style is all wrong for Joshua, who knows. Wilder is very technical like a Vernon Forrest, and Wilder could be his Ricardo Mayorga. That is a possibility, but I'm still sticking with Joshua in an absolute shootout. Both fighters to touch the canvas at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Your "Have a good day" means nothing when you are going on a rant, you think you are some psychological warrior or something lol.

You are like a boxer who gets hit, and then laugh/shake his head to pretend as if they aren't hurt.

So your "Have a good day" is the equivalent of that am afraid.

I am exactly what you think I am. And o dont get pleasure out of hurting feelings, it actually makes me feel bad to have to do it. So, no my have a good day is the equivalent of "I used all the energy I have on the subject" . You engaged in verbal warfare and lost. Quite bad. Take your lose, absolutely no hard feelings, and move on. I'm not a negative, sad person. I'm a happy person. So let's drop this bull shlt conversation. You're calling someone that said wilder is ducking the fck out of AJ a wilder fanboy. That there is grounds for you being a dumbass, but I'm not calling you that. Let's be respectful my boxing brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          Bro he had to . At that time he had never fought anyone on his resume for 10 years. All we were asking for is a live fighter for him to face. Now the 38 tomato cans is not really mentioned because he has faced somebody even though he should have lost against Ortiz and did lose against Fury but nobody is perfect. Like Tupac said ‘ I ain’t mad at cha’
          Well now Joshua and is in the same (I have to) boat! Welcome to the club! Miller is a good start! I'll give Fury a pass on Schwarz, because he's recovering from PTSD, but the 3 will be held to high standards now! The Stivernes, Planetas, Takams and Martins, are no longer acceptable! Let's see which of 2 of the 3 face each other in 2019!

Comment

Joshua ain't fighting Wilder anytime soon. Hearn wants whyte to b named mando for the winner of the Wilder breazealle fight, then he's gonna let Whyte fight Wilder and hope and pray he wins so Joshua can unify by fighting Whyte. They're trying to take the safe route cause Joshua figures since he beat Whyte once already, that it'd b easy work for him to do it again. Problem is, I don't c Whyte beating Wilder. I mean it's possible (unlikely, but possible). Whyte is a decent fighter, but I don't c him winning and we're gonna b right back where we are now. The soonest we'll get Wilder Joshua is 2020, and honestly we'll probably get the fury rematch before it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
              I am exactly what you think I am .
              Good for you, now go analyse my and your post and tell me who came off with the hurt feelings.... My post to someone else obviously hurt you enough to directly quote me, talking about your dick and all.

My replies are just making fun of you and your hurt feelings lol. I couldn't careless about your rants, i just look at you as one of those Wilder fanatical fanboys, whose feelings get hurt every time any doesn't think Wilder is the golden child.

When you invest too much emotions into certain boxers then you would come across emotional when discussing them, running away from proper discussions is one of those traits.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Well now Joshua and is in the same (I have to) boat! Welcome to the club! Miller is a good start! I'll give Fury a pass on Schwarz, because he's recovering from PTSD, but the 3 will be held to high standards now! The Stivernes, Planetas, Takams and Martins, are no longer acceptable! Let's see which of 2 of the 3 face each other in 2019!
                A good start? You just gonna ignore Wlad, Povetkin (slightly younger and same level as Ortiz if not more proven and actually better), Parker and Whyte.

Lol there's a reason Wilder has half the points on boxrec and a tenth of AJ's commercial value.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 Rounds again View Post
                  TBH I think Wilder's power is as hyped as the rest of his 'attributes'.
                  If we agree that it is easier to stop a journeyman / bum than a quality opponent then we can eliminate about 95% of Deontay's resume.
                  Then you've got the one punch on Stiverne, which was a good punch, but the guy was never there to fight and just like Charles Martin V Joshua he took his cheque and left.
                  The straight shot that Wlad hit Joshua with has stopped many QUALITY guys and Joshua got rocked but got up. He also took other huge digs from Klitschko as well as having taken Povetkin's shots, Parkers, Whyte's and others. All big hitters..in short, Wilder's power is exaggerated and Joshua's chin is tried and tested. I do believe that Wilder has a good chin, and I would not rule him out of pulling off the upset V Joshua. Bookies make Joshua shorter than a 2/1 favourite so even though Wilder is the dog here he should stop being a ducker and simply make the fight, he has a puncher's chance and he will have home field in the first of two, if he doesn't ***** out of getting destroyed in the UK for the rematch lol.
                  How anybody at all can defend this guy's chronic yellow streak is an enigma to me and most other serious non- fanboy types.
                  I will say that it is very encouraging to see the sheer volume of former Wilder supporters who have had enough of his (and Finkel's) bs and are now calling this guy out for hostaging and not fighting. Enough is enough. Boxing fans unite and end this.
                  Dude Wilders power is for real.

Look at it this way. He only landed clean on Fury 2 times. Both times Fury went down.

What does that tell you?

The thing with Wilder is he always has a chance because he only needs to land once.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe shmo View Post
                    Joshua ain't fighting Wilder anytime soon. Hearn wants whyte to b named mando for the winner of the Wilder breazealle fight, then he's gonna let Whyte fight Wilder and hope and pray he wins so Joshua can unify by fighting Whyte. They're trying to take the safe route cause Joshua figures since he beat Whyte once already, that it'd b easy work for him to do it again. Problem is, I don't c Whyte beating Wilder. I mean it's possible (unlikely, but possible). Whyte is a decent fighter, but I don't c him winning and we're gonna b right back where we are now. The soonest we'll get Wilder Joshua is 2020, and honestly we'll probably get the fury rematch before it too.
                    He definitely isn't fighting Wilder soon, you would have to drag Wilder into that ring for him to fight Joshua. You would have to kill his slave master (Finkel) to be able to do that too....Goodluck with that mate.

Comment

ARUM knows what everyone else knows. So what!!

Comment

Working...
                      X