• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    Hahaha the old bastard is feeling threatened

Dazn is the future of boxing

ESPN ppv is gonna die as are showtime ppvs

People have seen how much cheaper it is on dazn whilst getting the best content

Arum knows Hearn has taken over USA boxing l, Haymon is ahead slightly but even his empire is crumbling, he’s costing his own boxers millions to keep them in his brand, arum is doing the same

I bet fury wishes he asked dazn how much they would pay him as I bet he could have earned more
    DAZN is not even close to the future. They are spending way too much money and it is going to bite them in the ass especially if Canelo doesnt keep winning.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
      Hahaha the old bastard is feeling threatened

Dazn is the future of boxing

ESPN ppv is gonna die as are showtime ppvs

People have seen how much cheaper it is on dazn whilst getting the best content

Arum knows Hearn has taken over USA boxing l, Haymon is ahead slightly but even his empire is crumbling, he’s costing his own boxers millions to keep them in his brand, arum is doing the same
      DAZN is the future of boxing? LOL...they don't even have a sustainable business model. Conventional wisdom is that they are looking for an exit...build it up and try to sell it quickly for a premium. That isn't a long-term plan...it's a get rich quick scheme, and so far it isn't working.

If you think Hearn has taken over USA boxing, you must be British - because no knowledgeable U.S. boxing fan thinks that. DAZN signed Canelo, not Hearn. DAZN signed GGG, not Hearn. Matchroom U.S. shows are mostly trash filled with one-sided mismatches. No wonder they're selling only 1-2,000 tickets per event.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        Bobs making the same point Shelley has been trying to make. Why would you put a big fight on DAZN when nobody in the US is downloading the app?
        Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Isn't that the point of DAZN paying crazy money to Wilder to increase their subscribers? Make no mistake, he got offered a TREMENDOUS deal and he's taking a HUGE risk here. Can it end up working out for him? Sure, because Wilder didn't sign a long term deal so he can go back to DAZN and get even a better deal. Or SHO can put a crazy guarantee for both fighters and put it on PPV. But the thing is Wilder was guaranteed 20M even after the Joshua fights and for the Breazeale fight. Maybe what Wilder's team is doing is trying to bid DAZN and ESPN against each other for Wilder's services and they feel they can get an improved deal.

Another interesting thing to track in 2019.
        If DAZN's numbers were good, or even respectable, they would've released them by now. ESPN plus is releasing their numbers every chance they get.

People are paying 6x's the amount of money to watch Pac, Spence, and Wilder on PPV's than they are watching fights on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          If DAZN's numbers were good, or even respectable, they would've released them by now. ESPN plus is releasing their numbers every chance they get.

People are paying 6x's the amount of money to watch Pac, Spence, and Wilder on PPV's than they are watching fights on DAZN.
          When did I say anything about the amount of subscribers DAZN has or hasn’t? I said the point of throwing this crazy money is to gain subscribers and build their brand.

Comparing it to ESPN is laughable. One is a proven entity stateside and THE sports leader and has a bunch of football/basketball/soccer/baseball material, while the other has B and C level sports.

Comment

All you have to do is go to the App Store and it tells you how many people have downloaded the app. 41.6k on the iPhone. That’s actually up 300 from last week. I wonder what the android number is.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              When did I say anything about the amount of subscribers DAZN has or hasn’t? I said the point of throwing this crazy money is to gain subscribers and build their brand.

Comparing it to ESPN is laughable. One is a proven entity stateside and THE sports leader and has a bunch of football/basketball/soccer/baseball material, while the other has B and C level sports.
              WTF is you talking about? Aint nobody accusing of saying anyting about DAZN's amount of subscribers. I was making a general statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                All you have to do is go to the App Store and it tells you how many people have downloaded the app. 41.6k on the iPhone. That’s actually up 300 from last week. I wonder what the android number is.
                How accurate is that tho? I checked ESPN plus it says 10 million downloads but they say they only have 2 million paid subs. there is also half a million reviews for ESPN plus while DAZN says they have 5 million downloads but they only have 60k reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  DAZN is not even close to the future. They are spending way too much money and it is going to bite them in the ass especially if Canelo doesnt keep winning.
                  how the ****ckc do you know they are "spending too much money"?

Are you their accountant?DAZN is straight up the future of boxing

Comment

People get emotional about this stuff.

Comment

WTF is you talking about? Aint nobody accusing of saying anyting about DAZN's amount of subscribers. I was making a general statement.
                      I mean you quoted my post so if it was just a general statement you didn't need to do that. Not sure what the point of quoting me was if you weren't responding to anything I posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X