No announcement yet.

GGG is trying to fight the dude from The Contender lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    You’ve been registered here since 2008 and yet you like many others still don’t understand what a catchweight is, as well as many boxing writers too at times..

A catchweight is an agreed weight by TWO fighters to meet in the MIDDLE from two different weight classes, that’s the essence of a TRUE catchweight.

Canelo’s 155 was never a catchweight unless you admit that Kirkland, Lara, and Angulo were bigger than him... I’ve read posters this week saying that Kirkland was walking around 200lbs when he agreed to finger Canelo, yet we know James is no Heavy or Cruiser.

What we do know is that James, Kirkland, and Angulo have fought MORE times above 155 than Canelo. So what does that mean? Canelo haters are so confused because they don’t look at these fighters’ weighin history or bouts. To say that Canelo had an advantage over these guys would TECHNICALLY mean that they were smaller than Canelo, which isn’t true. Lara would have been the lightest of them all.

Still confused? As aboutfkntime said, 1lb. If one wants to say that Canelo drained Lara, Kirkland, or Angulo would imply that he should’ve fought them at the full 160 or higher because they were weight deprived? I’m confused myself to understand why Canelo haters theorize advantages.

Since Lara, Kirkland nor Angulo were not title fights, who cares that they were 1lb, in fact all these guys were campaigning at the same weight, 154, so if anything Canelo did a favor to all these guys since 1lb makes a difference for any of these guys trying to hit 154. As we saw in the Canelo Angulo weight, even Canelo had a hard time making that weight and paid a fee. Canelo Alvarez in all these fights, with his team and GBP, had been gambling that Canelo could hopefully continue at 154 which is why they attempted 155. In the worse scenario Canelo could hit a threadmil and sauna at a weigh in and make 154 for any future title fight. Guys like Charlos or Andrade were risky if Canelo woulent feel well at 154.
    Since Smith was the last outing where they needed to impose dietetics from the banned list to hit 154, which Warren agreed, they chose to not use VADA.

Again, Crawford was draining to 135 with eyes awkwardly seeped in for years and industry didn’t focus on that nor to Spence at the moment, and TC is older than Canelo with Spence the same age.
    I’m not confused im simply stating the truth
    It’s a b itch move. Name one fighter that has campaigned at a made up weight class? You can’t he did it for two years plus.
    Just like it was a b itch move for GGG to ask ward to meet him 164!

A cw dumb ass is for people like a Mayweather GGG fight not for a man who balloons up to super mw/cruiser weight. CW is a one fight deal not a campaign to supposedly adjust to MW which was 5 pounds heavier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      It’s a b itch move. Name one fighter that has campaigned at a made up weight class? You can’t he did it for two years plus.

A cw dumb ass is for people like a Mayweather GGG fight not for a man who balloons up to super mw/cruiser weight. CW is a one fight deal not a campaign to supposedly adjust to MW which was 5 pounds heavier.
      Again, this is the problem...comprehension...I said that Lara, Kirkland and Angulo have fought above 155 WAY MORE TIMES than Canelo when they all met. Were they ''making up'' classes?

Even if a fighter wanted 155 for three bouts that weren't title fights, how is that even bad when all those fighters fought HIGHER than Canelo when they had fought him?!

These three fighters fought at these weights BEFORE facing Canelo. How many fights did Lara have at exactly 155? Did Lara ''make up a class.'' That's the problem with forums and gossip talk from youtube channels. one guy says or writes something, and if it sounds good, they roll with it, even though what was said wasn't even true but amplified by dumb followers...
      aboutfkntime

LARA's 155+ fights...

158 - Lara vs Maslov
      154.5 - Lara vs Gross
      155 - Lara vs Gray
      155 - Lara vs Boone
      155 - Lara vs Varela
      155.5 - Lara vs Perez
      156.5 - Lara vs Correa
      155 - Lara vs Perez
      156.5 - Lara vs Hearns
      154.5 - Lara vs Hernandez
      155 - Lara vs Alvarez

KIRKLAND's 155+ fights...

163 - Kirkland vs Castillo
      159 - Kirkland vs Estrada
      155 - Kirkland vs Toribio
      155 - Kirkland vs Lyell
      155.7 - Kirkland vs Duran
      154.5 - Kirkland Said Salem
      157 - Kirkland vs Cortes
      156 - Kirkland vs Vera
      162.5 - Kirkland vs Gibbs
      163.5 - Kirkland vs Berrio
      158 - Kirkland vs Ishida
      160 - Kirkland vs Sharpe
      157.5 - Kirkland vs Hloros
      155.4 - Kirkland vs Tapia
      155 - Kirkland vs Alvarez

ANGULO's 155+ fights...

156.5 - Angulo vs Padron
      157.5 - Angulo vs Taylor
      158 - Angulo vs Stanislajevic
      157 - Angulo vs Mada
      156 - Angulo vs Gonzalez
      155 - Angulo vs Rosado
      154.5 - Angulo vs Silva
      154.5 - Angulo vs Alvarez
      162 - Angulo vs Rosa
      162 - Angulo vs Raines
      163 - Angulo vs Munoz
      164.5 - Angulo vs Hernandez

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
        Again, this is the problem...comprehension...I said that Lara, Kirkland and Angulo have fought above 155 WAY MORE TIMES than Canelo when they all met. Were they ''making up'' classes?

Even if a fighter wanted 155 for three bouts that weren't title fights, how is that even bad when all those fighters fought HIGHER than Canelo when they had fought him?!

These three fighters fought at these weights BEFORE facing Canelo. How many fights did Lara have at exactly 155? Did Lara ''make up a class.'' That's the problem with forums and gossip talk from youtube channels. one guy says or writes something, and if it sounds good, they roll with it, even though what was said wasn't even true but amplified by dumb followers...
        aboutfkntime

LARA's 155+ fights...

158 - Lara vs Maslov
        154.5 - Lara vs Gross
        155 - Lara vs Gray
        155 - Lara vs Boone
        155 - Lara vs Varela
        155.5 - Lara vs Perez
        156.5 - Lara vs Correa
        155 - Lara vs Perez
        156.5 - Lara vs Hearns
        154.5 - Lara vs Hernandez
        155 - Lara vs Alvarez

KIRKLAND's 155+ fights...

163 - Kirkland vs Castillo
        159 - Kirkland vs Estrada
        155 - Kirkland vs Toribio
        155 - Kirkland vs Lyell
        155.7 - Kirkland vs Duran
        154.5 - Kirkland Said Salem
        157 - Kirkland vs Cortes
        156 - Kirkland vs Vera
        162.5 - Kirkland vs Gibbs
        163.5 - Kirkland vs Berrio
        158 - Kirkland vs Ishida
        160 - Kirkland vs Sharpe
        157.5 - Kirkland vs Hloros
        155.4 - Kirkland vs Tapia
        155 - Kirkland vs Alvarez

ANGULO's 155+ fights...

156.5 - Angulo vs Padron
        157.5 - Angulo vs Taylor
        158 - Angulo vs Stanislajevic
        157 - Angulo vs Mada
        156 - Angulo vs Gonzalez
        155 - Angulo vs Rosado
        154.5 - Angulo vs Silva
        154.5 - Angulo vs Alvarez
        162 - Angulo vs Rosa
        162 - Angulo vs Raines
        163 - Angulo vs Munoz
        164.5 - Angulo vs Hernandez
        Good post bro but then that’s a bi tch move too. If you are like Floyd and agree to fight Oscar at 154 but you come in at say 149 or 150 because that’s what you feel comfortable with then fine. But to campaign at a made up weight class is not acceptable. Why not just fight at 154 or just 160? It’s posters like you that accept this that makes it worst. I’m not saying it’s the worst thing of course not but it’s trash man you can see that. You see like a bright person.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Pretty sure since that's what happened. I think its obvious. What's puzzling is why you are so upset about it. When he was asked on ESPN whether he would cut weight he said no. Only for Floyd. Despite Canelo's best efforts to weight drain or "drag down" Golovkin he stuck to his word. How come you don't criticize Canelo for "dragging up" Khan or "dragging down" Chavez.. I haven't seen any posts by you go condemming Spence for dragging up Garcia. The fact of the matter is you can't "drag up" (LOL) a fighter.

so, when Golovkin ran around for SIX YEARS promising to fight "anyone from 154-168"..... he was bragging about pulling the little guys up to 160, and draining the big guys down to 160..... ?

wow, how manly and brave

Tony, you may not be aware of this, but..... when a fighter targets smaller/drained fighters, they are generally regarded as a pvssy-bltch..... are you really not aware of that?

funny.....

you used to deny the quote in my sig

but now you wholeheartedly endorse it

I truly believe that all of the Golovkin fans are screaming at you right now, pleading for you to shut up

you have never looked more stupid, and are not doing Hypekin any favors whatsoever

just saying

Comment

manny-weight

but Pac dragged up the JWW's and drained the welters..... unlike Canelo who just gave himself an extra pound leeway

and pacfans clapped happily all the way through

I told everyone that manny-weight was a nasty precedent

then Cotto did it

then Canelo did it

Comment

Good post bro but then that’s a bi tch move too. If you are like Floyd and agree to fight Oscar at 154 but you come in at say 149 or 150 because that’s what you feel comfortable with then fine. But to campaign at a made up weight class is not acceptable. Why not just fight at 154 or just 160? It’s posters like you that accept this that makes it worst. I’m not saying it’s the worst thing of course not but it’s trash man you can see that. You see like a bright person.

how do you feel about TonyGE's latest brain-fart ?

that when Golovkin ran around for SIX YEARS saying that he would fight "anyone from 154-168"..... he meant, at 160

his plan was to drag the JMW's up to 160, and drain the SMW's down to 160.....

that is Tony's latest cool story bro

how does that fit in with your opinion on catchweights and weight manipulation?

these are the kind of things that genuine fans are forced to deal with when confronting unhinged Golovkin fans LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                so, when Golovkin ran around for SIX YEARS promising to fight "anyone from 154-168"..... he was bragging about pulling the little guys up to 160, and draining the big guys down to 160..... ?

wow, how manly and brave

Tony, you may not be aware of this, but..... when a fighter targets smaller/drained fighters, they are generally regarded as a pvssy-bltch..... are you really not aware of that?

funny.....

you used to deny the quote in my sig

but now you wholeheartedly endorse it

I truly believe that all of the Golovkin fans are screaming at you right now, pleading for you to shut up

you have never looked more stupid, and are not doing Hypekin any favors whatsoever

just saying
                If a fighter can't consistently make the upper weight limit of his division he should move up. Pointing out the failures or shenanigans of other fighters doesn't excuse Canelo or anyone else. Canelo fought 5 hours I believe sequentially above his weight class. He would have kept it up but people were starting to notice. Golovkin as far as I know has always made weight for the division he is fighting in. Don't know where you got those weights for Kirkland etc. Post a link. How the hell can Kirkland fight at 160+ at the official weigh in (assuming this is what your are referring to) and claim to be fighting as a SW or even having it sanctioned as a SW bout. Canelo is a high profile fighter and people pay attention to details. Kirkland and Angullo aren't deemed the new faces of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  how do you feel about TonyGE's latest brain-fart ?

that when Golovkin ran around for SIX YEARS saying that he would fight "anyone from 154-168"..... he meant, at 160

his plan was to drag the JMW's up to 160, and drain the SMW's down to 160.....

that is Tony's latest cool story bro

how does that fit in with your opinion on catchweights and weight manipulation?

these are the kind of things that genuine fans are forced to deal with when confronting unhinged Golovkin fans LMAO
                  Then your life must be a nightmare. LOL. Anyone who tries to be reasonable and not a frothing at the mouth obsessive has to appear unhinged to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Then your life must be a nightmare. LOL. Anyone who tries to be reasonable and not a frothing at the mouth obsessive has to appear unhinged to you.

if you think that your ridiculous excuse to justify all of that "anyone from 154-168" golov-bullshlt.....

..... that Golovkin meant, at 160.....

is anything even close to reasonable.....

..... then you are a total fkn fruitloop, and a hopeless case

that is dumb as fk Tony, and you know it

like I have said many times..... you are an excuse-making muppet

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post

This is who GGG is trying to fight lol

Lord in heaven, this is pathetic and sad. GGG's over dependence on Alvarez to make his career, to make him money, is beyond obsession. I always said GGG gambling on Alvarez only is going to ruin his career and legacy. If he fights and loses to Alvarez again and by the end of his career he has no top wins against other top opponents to even out the ledger then he will not be a 1st ballot hall of famer nor will he be mentioned in the pantheon of great middleweights.

Comment

Working...
                      X