No announcement yet.

DirecTV/DISH Will NOT be Carrying The Spence vs Garcia PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
    I just finished chatting with Directv who informed me that this event will indeed be available on Directv for $74.95.
    Noooooooo way????? So was I just hoodwinked by the Fox Sports rep???? Bruh, there better be a way of canceling my purchase I just made lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Noooooooo way????? So was I just hoodwinked by the Fox Sports rep???? Bruh, there better be a way of canceling my purchase I just made lol.
      yeah i just spoke to the guys at xfinity online and they said it's available for the ppv channel. just order it and go to the ppv view channel and boom... there it is.

I think you just got hoodwinked by a fox rep lol.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        yeah i just spoke to the guys at xfinity online and they said it's available for the ppv channel. just order it and go to the ppv view channel and boom... there it is.

I think you just got hoodwinked by a fox rep lol.
        That is seriously some BS. I asked the rep at least three different times and he kept telling me this is a special event blah blah and then went on to list all the available devices I can watch the fight on and said it won't be available on DirecTV.

I better get refunded for this crap. I was wondering why I had not heard anywhere else that you could only order through the foxsports website.

Comment

That is seriously some BS. I asked the rep at least three different times and he kept telling me this is a special event blah blah and then went on to list all the available devices I can watch the fight on and said it won't be available on DirecTV.

I better get refunded for this crap. I was wondering why I had not heard anywhere else that you could only order through the foxsports website.
          well i gotta admit, given their website shows none of the cable provider logo's for availability i can see why you thought that.

At the same time, someones had it confirmed from directv and xfinity have them as the banner element to the ppv channel on their website so, i can only imagine that whilst its available.. FOX not showing the availability and their reps response are maybe them being under guidance to sway people towards the streaming element to minimise financial outlay towards cable providers.

Comment

Glad I get it all free

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
              well i gotta admit, given their website shows none of the cable provider logo's for availability i can see why you thought that.

At the same time, someones had it confirmed from directv and xfinity have them as the banner element to the ppv channel on their website so, i can only imagine that whilst its available.. FOX not showing the availability and their reps response are maybe them being under guidance to sway people towards the streaming element to minimise financial outlay towards cable providers.
              Yeah, and I called DirecTV to confirm it myself and they said they will be carrying the fight.

Fox Sports rep took my e-mail and said they are forwarding it to the supervisor and they will get back to me via email. Can't even call me back when I told them I rather discuss this on the phone. SMH! Fair to say Fox Sports customer service is suspect to say the least.

Comment

First ppv in an extremely long time that I'm not (planning) on buying...

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                  First ppv in an extremely long time that I'm not (planning) on buying...
                  To be honest I think the last PPV fight I cared about was Golovkin-Canelo I (I didn't care one bit about the re-match) and I don't think I'll be watching this one either.

Comment

So after about four back and forth e-mails, they finally refunded me. Unbelievable, they acknowledged the rep misled me but tried to say you seemed satisfied by the end of the conversation. WTF does that even mean?

Anyways, good to hear this PPV isn't just through the website/app and can still order it through DirecTV.

Comment

Okay, so I was trying to order the PPV on the DirecTV website, and I just couldn't find the fight. I tried googling it and only saw you can purchase from the Fox Sports website. So I went to the website and got help from the live chat. They told me you can only order the event through foxsports.com and then watch it on streaming services such as Roku/Amazon fire stick/etc.

So for anyone wanting to order the PPV, just know you have to do it through the foxsports website and will not be able to order it through your cable/satellite provider. I'm guessing they are doing this so they don't have to pay cable/satellite providers their 45/50%, but this is a risk IMO. Most only order it through their cable and satellite providers. And a lot of people don't use apps yet, especially the older population and they make up for a big percentage of the PPV buys. Now the question is, will they release the PPV buys? I know networks don't, but usually reporters are able to leak the numbers. Is it possible to leak the numbers when they are done through the website/app?

Edit: Complete #FakeNews I was told by a rep as you can indeed order from cable/satellite distributors.
                      just install Kodi onyour firestick and watch it for free. I suggest the One World install - looks pretty close to cable HD.

Comment

Working...
                      X