Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee? Boxing styles. Which are most effective?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float like a butterfly sting like a bee? Boxing styles. Which are most effective?

What do you think are the most effective styles of boxing?

Granted different guys will have different styles based on their strengths and weaknesses. But overall what do you think are the most effective styles we have seen in boxing history?

The middleweights of the sixties had great style

Comment

Originally posted by MartinC View Post
      The middleweights of the sixties had great style
      lol!

Comment

It depends on the ATTRIBUTES of the fighter.I don't think Mike Tyson,for
        example would have been successful "Floating like a butterfly",and Ali would
        not have been successful crouching with a peek-a-boo style and throwing
        bombs like Tyson.

Comment

For health and career longevity, a stick and move style or a flashy boxer/puncher one, as those guys seem to be the least brain damaged/punch drunk after retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            For health and career longevity, a stick and move style or a flashy boxer/puncher one, as those guys seem to be the least brain damaged/punch drunk after retirement.
            It all depends on defense really. You can be an offensive or in-fighter and still have defense. Its just people have been instilled with this idea that you have to take some shots to give one.

Jake LaMotta is a good example of when you dont exactly just eat shots directly going in. Very sharp through out his whole life outside the ring and he was always in the pocket. Still alive to this day and has wit.

In terms of the OP, no style is really better than another. Its the fighters strategy and attributes that count. Having a style that suits their play style only works better for them to execute.

Comment

The most effective style is Bernard Hopkins rough and tough dirty inside fighting.

Comment

Roy Jones/Whitaker/Rigondeaux style of hitting and moving

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  The most effective style is Bernard Hopkins rough and tough dirty inside fighting.
                  How Bernard Hopkins can be your favorite fighter is beyond me..

Comment

I think all styles have pluses and minuses but the one thing I would want is Oliver mccall's chin

Comment

Working...
                    X