No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
    interesting point of view and well thought out, but that doesn't make Wlad the better fighter. Wlad isn't gonna just lean on Ali, then clinch. When he ties that Alis hand speed will take over and Wlad will be KOed from a punch he doesn't even see coming
    You're operating under the presumption that Wlad's only arsenal is leaning and clinching on fighters, it's not. That's what he does to a smaller fighter who gets in too close. Since that's not what Ali will do, and will "float like a butter fly" and try to "sting like a bee", no worries.

So it's not just what "Wlad isn't gonna do", it's what Ali isn't gonna do, and that's have a stand boxing clinic where he runs circle around his opponent, because Wlad is no Ernie Terrel or Sonny Liston (since you mentioned punches he doesn't see coming).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      You're operating under the presumption that Wlad's only arsenal is leaning and clinching on fighters, it's not. That's what he does to a smaller fighter who gets in too close. Since that's not what Ali will do, and will "float like a butter fly" and try to "sting like a bee", no worries.

So it's not just what "Wlad isn't gonna do", it's what Ali isn't gonna do, and that's have a stand boxing clinic where he runs circle around his opponent, because Wlad is no Ernie Terrel or Sonny Liston (since you mentioned punches he doesn't see coming).
      The leaning and clinching is Wlad's only defence, without it he's the same guy that was getting put on his back early in his career.

Comment

• Ali by destruction

Comment

• Wlad has 0 wins over any hall of famers yet he is suppose to beat the greatest heavyweight ever and top 5 atg?please

Comment

Ah, but we're talking about a matchup of a Prime 1960's Ali (You know, not the one who lost to Frazier, Norton or Holmes), therefore we should extend that same courtesy to Wlad. A prime Wlad is the one AFTER the Sanders and Brewster losses, the one who improved a few wrinkles in his game under the tutelage of R.i.P. Emmanuel Steward. Therefore using those losses is irrelevant, as me using the Frazier loss to make my point.

Prime 1960's Ali Vs Prime 2006-2012 version of Wlad. Even the not-so-prime Wlad wasn't a bad fighter, even though he lost a few fights, but that's not the one we're using in this match up.
            that makes 0 sense so ali was prime before his 3 year hiatus..cool..but wlad wasnt prime in his mid 20's?and after he was already champ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
              that makes 0 sense so ali was prime before his 3 year hiatus..cool..but wlad wasnt prime in his mid 20's?and after he was already champ?
              Wlad was prime he just didn't cheat to avoid being hit like he does now. Grabbing hold of someone when they get close isn't a skill like the Klitschko fans would have you believe. He's no defensive wizard, just a cheat.

Comment

• Wladimir is terribly overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  The leaning and clinching is Wlad's only defence, without it he's the same guy that was getting put on his back early in his career.
                  Disagreed. I see the peanut gallery arrived, not even worth refuting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                    Wladimir is terribly overrated.
                    Overrated means when the vast, vast majority holds you in high regard. I.E. like Ali for example, or worse yet Mike Tyson. Remember the, "A 1985 to 1989 version of Tyson destroys everybody", disgusting.

Obviously those who hold Wlad in high regard are in the minority, a Contrarian; therefore he is underrated. Unless we're talking about the general, mainstream German and European Fanbase (Excluding the UK, Haye territory); but they don't count. They're just polite.
                    Last edited by cupocity303; 01-25-2013, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Disagreed. I see the peanut gallery arrived, not even worth refuting it.
                      Nothing to refute it's the damn truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X