No announcement yet.

Just watched the Facing Ali documentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the Facing Ali documentary

Just got the chance to see this having downloaded it earlier and I must say it's worth a watch.It's kind of sad to see some of these guys like Norton who can't speak coherently and on a walking stick,and to see Leon Spinks to have come down as far as he has.The story of Chuvalo's family tragedy is heart breaking but surprisingly none of these guys come across as angry or bitter about anything.They all seem content with their life's.

Joe Frazier actually wiped away tears when discussing Ali's current condition and made the following quote

"It's just sad because,you know he's a great guy and I'm hoping that maybe he could,like, live the kind of life that we live,you know? I'd love to see him do that because he earned that."

I'd post this in non stop boxing but it'd probably get swamped by some other repetitive threads about Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
    Joe Frazier actually wiped away tears when discussing Ali's current condition and made the following quote

"It's just sad because,you know he's a great guy and I'm hoping that maybe he could,like, live the kind of life that we live,you know? I'd love to see him do that because he earned that."
    That's good to hear, be nice if Joe could move on and forget all the past. Their names will always be linked and both their legends are stronger for the other being part of it.

Comment

Don't be sorry for Norton, the man was in a very bad car accident years ago, his doctors thought he'd be a vegetable for life after that but he made an incredible recovery, his story is inspirational more than anything to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        Don't be sorry for Norton, the man was in a very bad car accident years ago, his doctors thought he'd be a vegetable for life after that but he made an incredible recovery, his story is inspirational more than anything to me.

I know,but when you see a guy who used to be so articulate and such a strong human being in his current condition then it makes me feel bad for the guy.

He said that he was paralyzed for three years and couldn't do anything for that amount of time.The only time the doctors recalled him taking notice of anyone while in hospital was when Ali showed up at his bedside.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
          That's good to hear, be nice if Joe could move on and forget all the past. Their names will always be linked and both their legends are stronger for the other being part of it.
          to be honest, I think its Ali who created all this animosity and tension between the 2..Frazier was just retaliating. Ali did have 1 big mouth..
          It's really sad

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
            to be honest, I think its Ali who created all this animosity and tension between the 2..Frazier was just retaliating. Ali did have 1 big mouth..
            It's really sad
            No I wouldn't argue that Ali went over the top and was cruel but I think Frazier has carried his animosity towards Ali on too long.

Comment

Working...
            X