Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I really wanted to see him vs Stevenson!....oh well, it wasn't always pretty, but then man made a hell of a career for himself, may he enjoy his retirement....God bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by triplohe View Post
      twice? you know kovalev put him on his ass and won the first fight right?
      I don't know if Kovalev won the first fight or not but I do know that he got ass whooped twice by Ward. With much of it having to do with his own obstinacy and stupidity. He simply refused to make any adjustments during or before either fight and didn't take any of his coaches or trainer's instructions. In addition, he was just too predictable, robotic, static and stiff for his own good according to his former trainer John David Jackson.

Comment

• The Ward haters act liked he punked all their heroes in the ass by making them his b1tches.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          I can't stand you either. You're an idiot.

It was factually incorrect. So I addressed that point.

I don't feel I made a fool of myself and ended up having a decent conversation with him.

Kell Brook weighed more at the weigh ins, but that doesn't necessarily make him "the bigger man". GGG was taller with a bigger frame. It showed in the fight.

he was a welterweight, you muppet

his last fight was 147

as-in..... his body COULD make 147..... and his body was conditioned, to making 147

anyone who thought that Brook was bigger than Golovkin, for ANY reason..... is a kermit-the-frog level muppet

Comment

• wow, 37 pages..... who woulda thought Ward was so popular

it is great that all the Ward fans turned up to congratulate him on his phenomenal HOF career

oh, and it is also great that all the heartbroken girlfriends of the fighters he spanked also showed up to demonstrate their respect for the man

Comment

• Liiiiisten, Brenda…I know you’re still upset about that boy not asking you to the prom a few months ago, but your misplaced anger is spilling over into a place where people enjoy having opinions and discourse about boxing. It’s all subjective, wouldn’t you agree? I’m sure a smart gal like you knows that. So why don’t cha go blow off some steam and get that pink volkswagen convertible out of the garage your daddy bought you for almost making the cheerleading squad again this year, put the top down and go catch some cat calls from the construction workers? Huh? Huh? Off ya go!
              Originally posted by daggum View Post
              haha good one. saying happy travels to ward. a guy who never traveled in his career. green k!

Comment

• I’m happy for him, great fighter, did it for the Bay, overcame a lot of obstacles, fought for his monies, his rights, his future, wasn’t a sucker, under appreacited but couldn’t be touched, one of the best of this last generation, ill miss watching him fight but I’m glad he’s leaving in his terms healthy and intact

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  he was a welterweight, you muppet

his last fight was 147

as-in..... his body COULD make 147..... and his body was conditioned, to making 147

anyone who thought that Brook was bigger than Golovkin, for ANY reason..... is a kermit-the-frog level muppet
                  I can see reading isn't your strong point. Did you just read Brook weighed more, and decide to run with that? It's obvious you didn't understand when i said GGG was taller with the bigger frame.

That means he's bigger, idiot

Comment

• This is shocking news and I'm upset that Ward is retiring as I'm a fan of him, but if he feels this is the best thing to do then that's cool. Ward is a legend and an absolute gentleman, he's one of the best role models out there I respect him a lot. I hope he continues his success and he'll definitely will still be doing great.

Comment

• I don't see why he wouldn't just beat Adonis Stevenson and officially clear out LHW? That would be the finishing touch to the legacy IMHO.

Obviously complete up to him on what he wants to do. Just from a fans perspective there is a little bit of (probably not too difficult) unfinished business.

If he can beat Kovalev then he can definitely beat Stevenson. Stevenson basically has 1 punch to watch out for, easy work for Ward. I suppose he has to be motivated though.

Comment

Working...
                      X