Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Laughs at Talk of Canelo Being a Big Puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Ggg bout to get Sinaloa Slapped lol
    He's gonna knock that trash back to Sinaloa lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Guadalajara doe... genius

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        GGG has looked more impressive because he's fought softer guys. You could also say "Do you think GGG would've beat Lara or Trout, guys who can actually move and aren't just there to collect some lay down money". Bottom line they've both been well managed but Canelo has fought tougher competition. It's just that the media and HBO has made Golovkin into some sort of monster because they want him to be the next big star in boxing. But this matchup, against a guy who has only just moved up, is his biggest test by far. That says a lot. We'll see who's better.
        You mean like canelo's last fight?

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          That's just speculation though, the way I look at it is - Jacobs was the first guy who fought Gennady who really came to win. I'm sure some of the other guys wanted to win, but for the most part they were there to collect a cheque more than anything else. Lara's got better since then and wasn't there a situation where he offered to fight Golovkin and they turned it down? Obviously he and his team didn't think it was going to be easy. All i'm saying is he's fought "very good" fighter and it's debatable that he won. Canelo's fought Trout, Lara, Cotto, Mayweather.

I know Canelo's actually more of a boxer than a puncher, but he's a boxer who can also punch, which is why I see him winning the fight. He's going to be smart and open up when he needs to. I think GGG is actually slower than Canelo, it's just, because the guys he fights are even slower he looks fast compared to them

Canelo is with HBO but GGG is their guy, they're totally in love with him
          Oh c'mon! Stevens didn't come to win? Monroe, Lemieux either? And you're saying I'm speculating? So much bad faith...

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Quit kissing the white mans ass, theyll never except you no matter how much you straighten your hair.

Comment

Oh boy!

Canelo gonna be pimpslapping GGG for as long as the fight lasts!

Them body shots will zap that power and engine! Canelo will mix it up, dig bodyshots when he needs to and counter him on the outside and move when he needs to then tie him up if on the ropes!.

Like I said, GGG downfall will be his overconfidence in his chin cuz he could get caught with something he don't see coming!

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                Plus, I think he held back against chavez out of respect for his dad
                Maybe, but he hurt his hand in the process, that also might've stopped him from throwing harder

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  Maybe, but he hurt his hand in the process, that also might've stopped him from throwing harder
                  With the fight already signed if he would pushed for the ko more and hurt his hand lose the September date and get a load of heat

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
                    With the fight already signed if he would pushed for the ko more and hurt his hand lose the September date and get a load of heat
                    Yep, of course with the Floyd fight signed, it might've been better to wait another 2 months to help the sales

Comment

Big puncher at 154? yes. Big puncher at 160? Who knows, guess we'll find out day of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X