No announcement yet.

Who's 49-0 Is Better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    Doesn't mean Rocky didn't see the writing on the wall.

For example, Archie Moore fought Patterson a year after fighting Rocky.

Point is, had Rocky kept fighting he would have certainly ran into those guys...and took a few Ls for his trouble.

But, he didn't. He ducked out instead in an era where guys were logging at least 65-70 fights, with many over 100.

You explain it, cuz I can't...
    Judging from Rocky's last performance against Archie Moore, he would have knocked Patterson out.

Lol now he ducked? Who did he duck? Nino Valdes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
      Judging from Rocky's last performance against Archie Moore, he would have knocked Patterson out.

Lol now he ducked? Who did he duck? Nino Valdes?
      You mean the performance that had a 39 year old Moore put Rocky on the canvas in the 2nd round?

That's the guy that was going to beat- nevermind "knockout"- a 20 something year old Floyd Patterson?

OK, if you say so...

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        you might want to do some research...the Mob ran it....i mean international boxing club

In 1960, the Senate Subcommittee on Antitrust and Monopoly chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver held hearings into organized crime and professional boxing. It was revealed that the IBC had ties to Mafioso Frankie Carbo, a soldier in New York's Lucchese Family who had been a gunman with Murder, Inc. At the time of the hearings, Carbo was imprisoned on Riker's Island, having been convicted of the undercover management of prizefighters and unlicensed matchmaking. The hearings revealed that Carbo's wife was employed by the IBC at a salary of $45,000 a year.

The following year, Gibson Jr. and Carbo, Carbo's partner Frank "Blinky" Palermo (a member of the St. Louis crime family, and Los Angeles mobsters Joe Di Sica and Louis Dragna, were charged with conspiracy and extortion against National Boxing Association Welterweight Champion Don Jordan. After a three-month trial, in which U.S. Attorney General Robert Kennedy served as prosecutor, the defendants were convicted and sent to federal prison.
        Don't worry I know all about the Mob's control of boxing. Actually, researching the mob used to be a bit of a hobby for a couple of years. I pretty much know all of mob history like the back of my hand. That sounds convenient but I'm telling the truth I promise.

Marciano wasn't a mob controlled fighter. The mob did try to control Marciano but he actually called the guy a disgrace to italians. Here's the sources:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Jb...alians&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=Jc...alians&f=false

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          ...he beat azumah nelson, Jesse James Leija, Jorge Paez, Carlos hernandez, etc....if you never watched him fight...thats your problem....he was the best of his era and only lost to two hall of famers in his entire career

....how many undisputed champions were there during his career at 130-154....there were none genius...how can you fight something that doesnt exist

He unified at 147 and 154 and won lineal titles in 4 out of 5 divisions....beat guys ranked 1-3 several times..come on bro

you reaching.
          He fought in a weak era. De La Hoya and Mayweather cleaned him out. Two prosepects.

The fact that there were no undisputed champs should tell you that it was a weak era. Marciano fought 4, Mayweather none.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            You mean the performance that had a 39 year old Moore put Rocky on the canvas in the 2nd round?

That's the guy that was going to beat- nevermind "knockout"- a 20 something year old Floyd Patterson?

OK, if you say so...
            Have you even seen the fight fully or just watched parts/read boxrec? Honestly?

Imo that was Marciano's best performance. He was on Moore from bell to bell and made him look like a novice. He just flat out controlled him nearly every second. Marciano wasn't on the canvas for even the count to start dude so if you think that determines the entire fight then you need to rethink things.

Ali got knocked down by Wepner but did he struggle with him? Hell no.

Yes, Marciano would have knocked Patterson out. Patterson couldn't take a Marciano's punch. No way in hell. It wasn't like it too a lot to wear Patterson down, he just couldn't take a punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              so ummm fighting fighters with **** records is being a man?
              No actually fighting not being saved by the ref and being he bigger name is

Comment

Working...
              X