Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Diaz Announced for 5/20 at MSG, Not Prudential Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent fight, way better opponent than Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      THIS!

I can't deny TC as a top p4p guy based on his skill set (better than the guys you mentioned) and ofc the lineal position at 140 and the win over Gamboa but he has to start fighting top names more consistently.

In his last 5 fights, he's had one world class name...well supposedly world class, I always felt that the Matthysse win flattered Postol ut the guy was ranked 1 or 2 in the division so can't argue with that.

Other than that, Lundy, Jean and Dulorme don't cut it. He should've fought Matthysse time back, he should have fought Provo, he should maybe already be at 147 because light welter is really thin when it comes to challenges. Its not quite the division it was with Khan, Kotelnik, Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, Ortiz, Garcia, prime Matthysse et al.
      I agree that his skill set seems better than a lot of dudes. Especially a dude like Danny or Thurman but at least they're fighting the guys and proving it. I felt like the gamboa win wasn't overly impressive because gamboa is a featherweight or super featherweight at best and we know Bud is a big boy. I just hate pound for pound rankings based on what "could" be. he may be the most legit dude in boxing but i hate ranking guys before they do anything.

It reminds me of (but not quite as bad) the time that the ring had Broner #4 pound for pound based on literally just a "perceived" skill set. Crawford is obviously leap years ahead of a Broner but still. go find the best dudes and then lets crown him

Comment

lol I thought everybody wanted crawford to face diaz. its a good fight shut the fuk up

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          At least he fk'ing left Nebraska for once...
          where did he fight Postol, dulorme and Lundy?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            where did he fight Postol, dulorme and Lundy?
            I'm not saying he doesn't leave but the whole always coming home to fight limits your exposure, they know who he is in Nebraska, Crawford is a beast but if he keeps going back home every other fight his name doesn't ring out as well as it should. Example: Andre Ward/Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              I'm not saying he doesn't leave but the whole always coming home to fight limits your exposure, they know who he is in Nebraska, Crawford is a beast but if he keeps going back home every other fight his name doesn't ring out as well as it should. Example: Andre Ward/Oakland.
              He fights in Omaha because he draws between 8 and 10k fans there. Very few fighters can draw that many fans on the regular.

Makes no financial sense for him to fight anywhere else IMO unless he is the clear B side or he is in a fight where the opponent's area would generate more money like Adonis going to Long Island to fight Seanie Monaghan instead of in Montreal where Stevenson draws well.

I get your point but I don't think it makes sense for a guy like TC to fight places where he doesn't sell.

Think about how weak the atmosphere was for the Postol fight?

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
                I agree that his skill set seems better than a lot of dudes. Especially a dude like Danny or Thurman but at least they're fighting the guys and proving it. I felt like the gamboa win wasn't overly impressive because gamboa is a featherweight or super featherweight at best and we know Bud is a big boy. I just hate pound for pound rankings based on what "could" be. he may be the most legit dude in boxing but i hate ranking guys before they do anything.

It reminds me of (but not quite as bad) the time that the ring had Broner #4 pound for pound based on literally just a "perceived" skill set. Crawford is obviously leap years ahead of a Broner but still. go find the best dudes and then lets crown him
                Look I agree with you and if TC was where he is now back in 2010 or 2005 or 1999, he wouldn't get anywhere near a p4p list but right now, it's difficult for me to name 10 fighters better than him or who have accomplished more than him by a considerable margin who aren't alreday legends (Pac and Wlad).

TC is one of the best of a pretty mediocre and let's face it, lazy bunch.

Comment

crawford fighting a slick should be undefeated fighter. wow. putting floyd to shame.

Comment

Crawford is everything a fighter should be. Straight lion.

Comment

I think Crawford has an easier time than people think. He has a 3 inch reach and height advantage, and Diaz doesn't have the power to hurt him.

Comment

Working...
                      X