Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some fighters NEVER avenge losses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
    Yea but dude got his ass whopped already. Why fight a guy that looked like hot garbage against a guy who later got knocked out by Katsidis in 3 rounds. Theres no reason to fight him atm. Unless he fights someone worth mentioning.
    but did Khan whoop his ass?????no that's all that matters if a man whoops your ass as a man you should want redemption

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
      Well Shane Mosley tried it against Forrest and Wright. Forrest tried it against Mayorga.
      and i give them major props for that

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        he WAS and is THE GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHT OF ALL TIME
        Larry, sorry to offend you, but ..............I just don't like to say it all over again...........

The guy's best performance, his supposed peak, is always quoted as being against Cleveland Williams.

Well.........just read up a bit on Cleveland Williams, not the dead slow muscle-bound perfect looking physical specimen who was KO'd twice in less than 2 and 3 rds by Sonny Liston, when actually at HIS-Williams"- peak, but the WORN OUT 70 fight guy they dredged up from the hospital where he'd spent 6 months hanging between life and death, died on the operating table at least twice, then brought back to the ring, and prepared for Ali with 3 quick fights, with VERY average opponents whose records totalled 51-28, including a 6-4 prelim fighter (who KD'd Williams) and a 19-19 guy both of which he won on pts.

He had as much chance of even winning a round, as he had of flying to Mars, and Ali's boot lickers have no business in using this almost hospital case, as their example of Ali at his best. But they DO do it.

Larry, when I look into a guy's capabilities, I look into his record, his opponents'' records, and so on. I really dig deep. We cannot imagine anyone more ostentatious or exhibitionist that Ali, which some equate with greatness, but we weren't around when other fighters were just as "showy", and meant a lot more to the public. When Jack Johnson toyed with and completely demolished Big Jim Jeffries (who actually WAS bigger than Johnson) there were about 20 people around America lynched, and maybe about 3500 injured in the riots which ensued. Jack London, the famous writer, then started the "Great White Hope" search.

The ORIGINAL Golden Boy, is not Oscar De La Hoya, but was a guy named Art Aragon, from, I think, Los Angeles, California anyway, whom I remember well, as the name was so unusual for a fighter.

So just because this generation, who really doesn't know anything about Ali, thinks he's the GREATEST, They just don't know any better. And I have to include you, because this adulation you have for Ali, blinds you to other possibilities. I don't want to start a fight with you over it, I respect your opinion, I hope you reciprocate and leave it at that.

I'm not saying he wasn't a good fighter, he was, a very good one, but ..the GREATEST.... Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          Larry, sorry to offend you, but ..............I just don't like to say it all over again...........

The guy's best performance, his supposed peak, is always quoted as being against Cleveland Williams.

Well.........just read up a bit on Cleveland Williams, not the dead slow muscle-bound perfect looking physical specimen who was KO'd twice in less than 2 and 3 rds by Sonny Liston, when actually at HIS-Williams"- peak, but the WORN OUT 70 fight guy they dredged up from the hospital where he'd spent 6 months hanging between life and death, died on the operating table at least twice, then brought back to the ring, and prepared for Ali with 3 quick fights, with VERY average opponents whose records totalled 51-28, including a 6-4 prelim fighter (who KD'd Williams) and a 19-19 guy both of which he won on pts.

He had as much chance of even winning a round, as he had of flying to Mars, and Ali's boot lickers have no business in using this almost hospital case, as their example of Ali at his best. But they DO do it.

Larry, when I look into a guy's capabilities, I look into his record, his opponents'' records, and so on. I really dig deep. We cannot imagine anyone more ostentatious or exhibitionist that Ali, which some equate with greatness, but we weren't around when other fighters were just as "showy", and meant a lot more to the public. When Jack Johnson toyed with and completely demolished Big Jim Jeffries (who actually WAS bigger than Johnson) there were about 20 people around America lynched, and maybe about 3500 injured in the riots which ensued. Jack London, the famous writer, then started the "Great White Hope" search.

The ORIGINAL Golden Boy, is not Oscar De La Hoya, but was a guy named Art Aragon, from, I think, Los Angeles, California anyway, whom I remember well, as the name was so unusual for a fighter.

So just because this generation, who really doesn't know anything about Ali, thinks he's the GREATEST, They just don't know any better. And I have to include you, because this adulation you have for Ali, blinds you to other possibilities. I don't want to start a fight with you over it, I respect your opinion, I hope you reciprocate and leave it at that.

I'm not saying he wasn't a good fighter, he was, a very good one, but ..the GREATEST.... Nah.
          When you get done posting all that name a better heavyweight with better skills and resume

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            because most guys don't like to take risks and fighting a guy you already lost to is a big risk. the only guys who do want to avenge losses are when its a controversial decision like malignaggi-diaz, hopkins-calzaghe type fights.
            There was nothing cotroversial about the Calzaghe-Hopkins fight, it was more like a wrestling-tumbling- -grunting sort of farce than a boxing match, which is the way that all Hopkins' fights develop.

Calzaghe played with Hopkins, made a fool of him, caused him to be faking low blows and appealing to the ref for breathers all the time. it would have been digusting behaviour for a boxer not named Hopkins, but we have come to expect this from him.

it was the "split" decision which was the controversy, since it was a CLEAR win for Calzaghe, although not one of his most enjoyable fights., but the usual mess that Hopkins makes.

Comment

Working...
            X