No announcement yet.

AJ literally lost every single round!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    Anyone who had Joshua ahead after the 6th round is clearly a racist.

Give the old white dude his props, he shook the young lion in every single round.
    Every one knew Povetkin would be a problem Joshua included but Joshua had a game plan. He knew the guy was fast, powerful and good inside so he just went to the body. After 3 rounds Povetkin's shots weren't as powerful anymore and Joshua started trying a few other shots but concentrating on the body until he went for the knock out.

Comment

AJ won the 3rd and 6th imo. Definitely won the 6th round. Povetkin got tired and then got stopped.

Comment

Good work by Alexander Povetkin.

I got Povetkin winning 1,2,3 and 5 as I'm studying the film -- I have not reached rounds 6-7. The 4th round was a Joshua round, BUT Anthony was lucky because I'm looking at the replays and it looks like Joshua caught Alexander with a forearm, causing the cut.

Comment

I think you were watching a different fight, you probably watched Wilder vs Gerald Washington.

Comment

Povetkin was brutally stopped and his cornerman threw in the towel in the most important fight of his life as so severe was the punishment he was taking.

And this dumbass is questioning the decision? Wilder fan bots are something else! Haters gonna hate!

Comment

Povetkins only chance of winning was to go all guns blazing, which he did. He was throwing bombs from the off, trying to get joshua out quick. Obviously as the rounds went on Joshua's stamina was gonna takeover. Joshua did very well, he must have been expecting that povetkin.
              Ppl saying joshua lost all the rounds but they were both fighting different fights. Povetkin went all out for the early finish, joshua stuck with his gameplan and bided his time, didn't let himself get into a swinging match.
              He knew povetkin would gas and once the opportunity came he finished him very quickly. Brilliant performance by Joshua.

Comment

I definitely thought Povetkin was ahead over the first three rounds, he did what was expected of him and went looking for AJ and had good success too. AJ took over from round four, Pov was still game but the sting was taken out of him and he looked spent by round 6 and the KO was imminent. It was about even for me on the cards at the time of stoppage but it was never a fight that was going to go the distance so is quite irrelevant really

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                  Exactly. Same thing I said about the Canelo GGG fight. Just because Canelo had a couple of flashy early rounds doesn't mean he wins the fight.
                  yeah but GGG didn't fight the same way AJ fought with his jab. He couldnt dictate the fight or control the distance with his jab. He just threw jabs b/c that was the only punch he could land without getting countered. And GGG didn't start landing significant punches until rd 9-12. GGG loss the fight bro.

Comment

I had Povetkin 4-2 up but 3 and 6 could've gone either way. Anyway, it doesn't really matter when the guy gets KTFO just after halfway.

Comment

Working...
                    X