Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard beats Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Ray Leonard beats Floyd Mayweather Jr.

A prime Sugar Ray Leonard at 147, 150 or 154 would have beaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. handily. True or false?
    True
    86.79%
    False
    13.21%

For sure. Mayweather is beatable by an all time great like that

Comment

True but in a 7-5 type of fight. Conversely I can see Mayweather beat Ray Leonard too. The only one from the Four Kings who I'd confidently pick to beat Mayweather in the most comfortable fashion is Hearns

Comment

Floyd at 147 is not a great fighter hell he's not a "fighter" at all.
        He was a defensive first counter styled boxer at 147. That in mind he will not fare well against great welters. Floyd was a high quality competitor at 130 not 147. He would barely break the top twenty at welter. Remember he only has 11 or 12 bouts at welter. His quality bouts at 147 were against out of prime men or men moving up to get paid!

I put a list up many times of welters that would destroy him, everyone saw what a club fighter like Marcos did to him just being aggressive along with Floyd not being able to hurt a real welter.

49-0 is a good record but his welter sheet reads 11-0 against who?

Ray

Comment

Yep he 100% beats Floyd,the only question is if he stops him.SRLs Power, Speed,combos, accuracy and deadly offensive arsenal should be enough to take Floyd out.Floyd's lack of power would be problematic for him, as I think he wouldn't be able to keep SRL off.

When did Floyd ever fight someone like SRL.Never. All of Floyd's great opponents with the exceptions of Castillo and Corrales were past their best. I can atleast point to the Benitez knockout as an example of SRL handling a defensive cutie,but Floyd never fought a prime,black,ATG like SRL a fellow technician that would match him in every category!

Comment

1979-82 SRL was one of the best fighters ever. At 147, Mayweather would have a tough enough time beating lesser greats. H2H I'd put Floyd pretty high from 130-140, but 147 is deep in talent historically and above Floyd's best divisions. Leonard beats Floyd pretty handily.

Comment

I think Sugar Ray would beat Floyd on most days. It would probably be comparable to the Benitez fight with all the parrying and making each other miss but I believe Leonard lands the harder punches and I believe he lands more punches as well because I don't think Floyd has the power to keep Ray in check. Regardless, it wouldn't be a cake walk for either and I could possibly see Leonard get a late round TKO as well.

Edit: on second thought comparing Benitez to Floyd isn't indicative of a Floyd/Leonard fight because Benitez was notorious for laziness in training and Floyd is the opposite. It would probably be a less likely scenario in a bout with Floyd.
              Last edited by Hawkins; 08-14-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Leonard by UD. I don't think he knocks out Floyd, who is too elusive.

Floyd wasn't a truly great welter.

Comment

Leonard wins any way and anytime you please.

Comment

lmao @ ''t/f'' as if the outcome can be proven

this is just a popularity contest and theyre never dependable

what about may vs srl below ww ?

Comment

Working...
                    X