No announcement yet.

It's the first knockdown people should be POed about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
    So what? Some refs are terrible or corrupt? Ancient news.

How many refs do not penalize for low blows or potentially life threatening back of the head shots?

Because the ref in McClellan vs Benn allowed so many rabbit punches, does that make them legal? In that fight, proper reffing would have led to points deducted and a DQ if Benn continued, instead the ref said little and did nothing--with the tragic result.

All too many refs do not do a good job.
    Re Wilder because he has fast hands, some things are not easily seen like his looping punches often connecting with the unpadded wrist area.

As I noted, boxing needs instant replay or a variation.
    Blame Fury for bending down illegally hiding his face exposing the back of his head in the middle of Wilder punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Blame Fury for bending down illegally hiding his face exposing the back of his head in the middle of Wilder punching.
      I have seen refs warn both parties. 1. The boxer who hit on the back of the head, and 2. The 'receiver" for bending too low.

But people are ignoring what this thread is about. The KD in the 9th rd should not have been called a KD as the back of the head is not a legally allowed place to get hit. No 9th rd KD, then a majority win for Fury.

I am not or was not a Fury fan, I am just pointing out one aspect.People should be focusing on the incorrect 9th round KD instead of the proper 12th rd KD which had a proper count.

Comment

Working...
      X