Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads Up: Deontay Wilder to be on JRE next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great exposure for boxing and for the rematch . I'll be listening at work monday

Comment

Joe Rohan is a sell out. He was laughing at Tyson furys mental health just A few days ago.

All this interview will be is: 15 mins of long count talk, 15 mins of I broke my arm talk, 15 mins of that was the best fury but not the best me, 15 mins of AJ is ducking me and then closing the interview with 14 mins of speak it achieve it receive it nonsense that he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
        Joe Rohan is a sell out. He was laughing at Tyson furys mental health just A few days ago.

All this interview will be is: 15 mins of long count talk, 15 mins of I broke my arm talk, 15 mins of that was the best fury but not the best me, 15 mins of AJ is ducking me and then closing the interview with 14 mins of speak it achieve it receive it nonsense that he says.

Who cares this is good exposure for boxing. Rogans videos get millions of views

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          I dunno if you get my point. I disagree here, for exemple I think Joshua might have more power than Wilder but Wilder is a more dangerous puncher because of his timing, accuracy and mean, aggressive mindset.
          I definitely don't think Joshua has more power. I do think the things you mention help Wilder's KO's be more destructive & him having more one shot KO power vs one shot ref stoppage power, but idk that there is any reason to suggest thats what pushes him to a more dangerous puncher. I think he's the more dangerous puncher regardless minus the extra sh^t.

How he connected the left hook following the right hand on Fury was just a perfect punching combo in terms of accuracy and timing.
          I've always felt this stuff was more his athleticism than anything else. And its something he's gotten better at cuz if there was one thing Wilder walked into boxing as its a good athlete that can adapt some pure athleticism into some impressive moves boxing sometimes. But sh^t man lets not get to up his ass he still randomly falls down trying to throe pnches.

his punching technic is great and revolutionary somehow.
          I'd love to hear more about your theory with this along with more details & specifics & see this "peer reviewed" by other NSBers in a thread of its own cuz it seems a lil far fetched to me. But fair play if others think there is something there.

Not to say I don't think Wilder isn't doing a bunch of things right or right enough to get where he's got, but "revolutionary punching technique" seems a little far to be pushing his success out towards. I think Wilder & Joshua have both most benefited through clever matchmaking (with Joshua taking bolder risks sooner) along with their natural athleticism + the right teams surrounding them to push them to higher levels over time.

Thats not to say I think they are exactly the same, but I believe the things I mentioned are similarities they have along with some other personal attributes that have helped each guy proceed to bigger & better things more than there is anything great about either of these guys' boxing talent or ring abilities. They might be the most overhyped least proven top two guys in boxing history in quite a few eras.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Who cares this is good exposure for boxing. Rogans videos get millions of views
            LMFAO. Its ironic the people who hate boxing the most are often boxing fans. I don't get it, but its for sure a thing.

And I don't ever get why some people are against wider exposure about boxing. The less knowledgable people who are talking about boxing the better it is for boxing the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I definitely don't think Joshua has more power. I do think the things you mention help Wilder's KO's be more destructive & him having more one shot KO power vs one shot ref stoppage power, but idk that there is any reason to suggest thats what pushes him to a more dangerous puncher. I think he's the more dangerous puncher regardless minus the extra sh^t.

I've always felt this stuff was more his athleticism than anything else. And its something he's gotten better at cuz if there was one thing Wilder walked into boxing as its a good athlete that can adapt some pure athleticism into some impressive moves boxing sometimes. But sh^t man lets not get to up his ass he still randomly falls down trying to throe pnches.

I'd love to hear more about your theory with this along with more details & specifics & see this "peer reviewed" by other NSBers in a thread of its own cuz it seems a lil far fetched to me. But fair play if others think there is something there.

Not to say I don't think Wilder isn't doing a bunch of things right or right enough to get where he's got, but "revolutionary punching technique" seems a little far to be pushing his success out towards. I think Wilder & Joshua have both most benefited through clever matchmaking (with Joshua taking bolder risks sooner) along with their natural athleticism + the right teams surrounding them to push them to higher levels over time.

Thats not to say I think they are exactly the same, but I believe the things I mentioned are similarities they have along with some other personal attributes that have helped each guy proceed to bigger & better things more than there is anything great about either of these guys' boxing talent or ring abilities. They might be the most overhyped least proven top two guys in boxing history in quite a few eras.
              Watch some Wilder's padwork he has the ability to put all of his weight and body strength in one punch in full speed better than anybody in boxing.

So he falls down because he loads a lot and like I said has bad footwork/balance.

That's due to athleticism yes but technic, accuracy, mind sharpness, and timing too.

You don't become a great puncher based only on power, that's naive and bs to me.

Comment

Working...
              X