Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that Zab Judah back in the early 2000's was better than Terence Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zab had all the talent but couldn't get it done in big fights. Crawford has a lot more focus and the will to win.

Comment

Zab had the physical gifts but was mentally not there

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Zab showed glaring flaws very early on. People were just blinded by his speed. Because Zabs hands were insanely fast.

Crawford hasn't shown the same weaknesses Zab did at a btter level than Zab did.

I always thought Zab did a great job to become lineal and unified at 147
        I havent seen much of judahs early fights, can only remember his fight with ward, which was tougher than it should be.

In which fights did he show some holes in his game? In hindsight you could see that broner had some problems with pressure fighters and guys with high workrate (Ponce De Leon, Rees (for a short time) and Malignaggi) and Khan showed early on that he gets dropped rather easily.

Did Judah had these fights, where you could see that he wasnt all that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          Crawford gets hit too much. You could argue that Phillips had better defense.
          I do think people over play how much Crawford gets hit. He rarely gets caught flush and is willing to take a punch to land a punch. Vs Kostya he would be on his bike more than Postol fight.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            I havent seen much of judahs early fights, can only remember his fight with ward, which was tougher than it should be.

In which fights did he show some holes in his game? In hindsight you could see that broner had some problems with pressure fighters and guys with high workrate (Ponce De Leon, Rees (for a short time) and Malignaggi) and Khan showed early on that he gets dropped rather easily.

Did Judah had these fights, where you could see that he wasnt all that?
            Fights I had in mind were Ward, Vasquez, Witter and Corley.

I forgot that Corley was post Tszyu, for some reason thought Judah was undefeated still then.

Other than Corley where he struggled badly and arguably lost he won all the other fights clearly but I still saw spots where he showed leaky defense, freezing under pressure, lack of concentration, lack of inside game, lack of dimensions. Etc.

Comment

Judah was faster and punched a bit harder as I remember. Crawford is much more dependable and mentally tougher. Judah had poor recovery and if he was hurt he stayed hurt for a while. Crawford can be hurt but he seems to recover quickly. Judah was a front runner and didn't have much gameness when things weren't going well. I am not sure who was better peak against peak. I guess I would pick Judah to win but it's close. The prime Judah was a dangerous sharp shooter but then so is Crawford.

Comment

Someone made the comment in the Kostya Tszu thread that Zudah at 140 was better than this Terence Crawford. Exactly how true is this. Zab seemed to be faster with better footwork. But Crawford, on the other hand, is better defensively, offensively, and IQ wise.
                Zab Judah had better physical tools than even Floyd at 140lbs, he just didn't have a strong enough mental game to deal with adversity from what I remember. Big left hand power, speed, really good boxing skills, defensively aware but always looking to land his own leather, etc.

Crawford's more dimensional (being a really complete fighter, southpaw or orthodox), but I don't know how Crawford would hang were he to have to have fought a prime Judah (unless he could find a way to break Judah's spirit early.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Zab Judah had better physical tools than even Floyd at 140lbs, he just didn't have a strong enough mental game to deal with adversity from what I remember. Big left hand power, speed, really good boxing skills, defensively aware but always looking to land his own leather, etc.

Crawford's more dimensional (being a really complete fighter, southpaw or orthodox), but I don't know how Crawford would hang were he to have to have fought a prime Judah (unless he could find a way to break Judah's spirit early.
                  It would probably be similar to Floyd vs Judah but Crawford stopping him in the 8th.

Comment

It would probably be similar to Floyd vs Judah but Crawford stopping him in the 8th.
                    fair enough

Comment

Amir took Zab JEWdah to schools bros, good win for King.
                      King should fight cootto next and give him a lesson in Pak style school, revenge for the chweating porto kneecan garcia and his racist father angel who disrespects the prophet.

Comment

Working...
                      X