No announcement yet.

Glaser says Stevenson's condition has gotten worse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glaser says Stevenson's condition has gotten worse

People slam these fighters for "FIGHTING SAFE" when they themselves avoid fights... every fight and every sparring session can end these guys lives and all they get is "GET WELL SOON" on a boxing forum from the very same fans who slam them when they consider their own lives!!!... you can be on top of the world one day and fighting for your life the next in this sport!!!

Is this legit or standard Glaser? Isn't he a known fibber &/or embellisher?

But everyone knows boxing is dangerous. Its part of the sport. And its highly f#cked up when a severe injury or death happens, but gtfo with this "easy fight" theory on boxing. The sport of boxing is already weaker than it should be cuz mfers don't fight each other enough. Fair play to those who don't wanna risk severe injury or death, but I'm tired of this bs fight logic some fans have nowaways that sounds like some stockholm syndrome type sh^t.

And if this news is true it might be for the best for Adonis. I've always said I'd rather die than live at the mercy of my loved ones & in a diminished state. If this injury is going to leave Adonis living like a shadow of who he was I'd bet if he could make the call he'd have preferred to have just died then to live like he may have to live from here out.

Comment

This topic is barely being covered because boxing fears a negative backlash. a top tier boxer just became a vegetable and there hasn't been in depth coverage. with all these TV deals and exposure the sport is getting this will reignite calls to ban the sport. this tragedy is being swept under the rug.

Comment

Well I wish him well as my thoughts are prayers are with him for a full and speedy recovery.

Comment

He still has a fighting chance to recover. Even if he was on life support which I don't believe he is.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            People slam these fighters for "FIGHTING SAFE" when they themselves avoid fights... every fight and every sparring session can end these guys lives and all they get is "GET WELL SOON" on a boxing forum from the very same fans who slam them when they consider their own lives!!!... you can be on top of the world one day and fighting for your life the next in this sport!!!
            People slam Adonis for being a trash human being - and he was/is

"Fans" slam fighters because those guys are making millions of dollars for fighting 2-3 fights per year...so its technically only (up to) 108 minutes (36x3) of work in 365 days. That does not include training or sparring at all, but fighters aren't paid for that unless they have sponsorships.

Boxing just attracts morons and immature inbreds like DramaShow Spoon23 and Boksfan (as well as DOZENS others) that just sit around and hate on others for literally no reason
            Last edited by Bjl12; 12-10-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

It doesn't take a medical degree to surmise that it's not looking good. A severe traumatic brain injury plus over a week in a coma doesn't typically result in the individual waking up like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                People slam Adonis for being a trash human being - and he was/is

"Fans" slam fighters because those guys are making millions of dollars for fighting 2-3 fights per year...so its technically only (up to) 108 minutes (36x3) of work in 365 days. That does not include training or sparring at all, but fighters aren't paid for that unless they have sponsorships.

Boxing just attracts morons and immature inbreds like DramaShow Spoon23 and Boksfan (as well as DOZENS others) that just sit around and hate on others for literally no reason
                who cars what they get paid??? they risk their damn lives to entertain bums who cant fight to save their damn lives and 90 percent never see close to a millions and they dont only fight in the ring they take most of their punishment during training...

Comment

Link please.

Comment

who cars what they get paid??? they risk their damn lives to entertain bums who cant fight to save their damn lives and 90 percent never see close to a millions and they dont only fight in the ring they take most of their punishment during training...
                    Then they shouldn't fight if they feel like that. I never had a amateur fight despite spending years training cuz I was concerned with the risk of brain injuries. I made that choice, why can't others make a similar choice?

Plenty of things are dangerous. And we have the freedom to do those things or not do those things. These cats who box KNOW boxing is dangerous & have accepted that reality.

Comment

Working...
                    X