No announcement yet.

HBO's commentating is terrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    HBO is desperate for a star, absolutely desperate, they don't even hide it anymore. Sulecki-Jacobs was a very close bout and they made it seem like DJ cruised to a wide clear UD.

Before that though they were going on and on and on about Jarrell Miller hyping him up as the next big thing, did anyone watch that fight? The way they were talking about him you'd think Miller was an ATG.

And don't even get me started on Compubox, it seems at this point it's just a tool to push an agenda. See the ggg-Canelo fight where they counted missed punches as power shots for ggg.

It's crazy how much they can influence a decision or the fans minds, do yourself a favor and mute the TV. Seriously. HBO boxing is on it's last legs, they know it and cannot afford ANYONE looking bad at this point.
    I agree HBO is horrendous but after listening to Robert Guerrero on pbc right b4 Jacobs vs. Sulecki, it wasnt all that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      HBO is desperate for a star, absolutely desperate, they don't even hide it anymore. Sulecki-Jacobs was a very close bout and they made it seem like DJ cruised to a wide clear UD.

Before that though they were going on and on and on about Jarrell Miller hyping him up as the next big thing, did anyone watch that fight? The way they were talking about him you'd think Miller was an ATG.

And don't even get me started on Compubox, it seems at this point it's just a tool to push an agenda. See the ggg-Canelo fight where they counted missed punches as power shots for ggg.

It's crazy how much they can influence a decision or the fans minds, do yourself a favor and mute the TV. Seriously. HBO boxing is on it's last legs, they know it and cannot afford ANYONE looking bad at this point.
      Agree 100%. I find this with all networks, not just HBO. ESPN and HBO are the worse, with Manuallo Runalo right behind them. I like Bernstein and Teddy but Al is constantly being talked over and Teddy is no more.

I've gotten to the point where I don't listen to the fight during the fight, only the post fight interviews. Then if I rewatch i'll listen to commentary.

Comment

Sky Sports had also been given a pep talk by Eddie Hearn. They talked about Jarrell Miller as though he was some stone cold killer and every punch he landed was devastating. They also disregarded any good work Johann Duhaupas got in. Phrases such as "classy operator", "intelligent boxer" were used, as well as the cliche "there are levels to this and Miller is just levels above Duhaupas..." In the end I had to laugh.

Comment

Working...
        X