Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Ward Will Come Back; Has Enough Money to Take a Rest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    Ward isn't coming back. It's not like he left millions of dollars on the table when he retired. He doesn't strike me as the type that won't be able to stay away from the sport.
    Andre has a good interview with jim lampley on the fight game, talking about its a process that he has to go through....jim lampley suks though & so does his list....

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
      Maybe a better boxing IQ, but Ward will never be as mature as Kovalev...
      You were on a roll then fell right off the cliff with "but Ward will never be as mature as Kovalev."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I would like to see Ward fight Stevenson, IF Stevenson beats Jack! Other than Stevenson, Ward might as well stay retired! I would NOT pay to see Ward vs. Kovalev 3!
        I wont pay to see it simply because the results of the first 2 matches were due to either corruption or hometown cooking or incompetency. The first fight Kovalev clearly landed more punches and the harder punches in the most rounds and also scored a knockdown and was robbed. The judges scored round 10 for Ward which was a clear Kovalev round. The 2nd fight Tony Weeks had a birds eye view of Kovalev getting hit square in the nuts which caused him to sit on the ropes. He should have been given time to recover from a low blow but even if he considered it legal under the rules he was supposed to give him a standing 8 count because he was on the ropes. It was a premature stoppage in a fight which Kovalev was winning. He figured out Wards dirty tactics and was schooling him before Weeks looked out for Ward. Kovalev was and still is #1 at 175 because Ward couldnt beat him legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Im a Ward fan and that was a terrible job Weeks did. And stopping the fight robbed Ward of a legit TKO or at least the chance for Kov. to continue fighting back.
          Absolutely no chance Kov could have fought back had Weeks let him continue. He was gutted like a pig and had ZERO in his tank.

Comment

Kovalev's too stubborn or dumb to beat Ward. It seemed like he learned nothing from their first fight.
            Most people knew what Andre was bringing. No surprise, it's a war of attrition and don't expect help from the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Their first fight was very closely contested, but Ward recovered from a second-round knockdown, was more effective throughout the second half of their 12-rounder and won a widely debated unanimous decision in November 2016. They returned to Las Vegas for a June 17 rematch that mostly was another highly competitive clash, until Ward hurt Kovalev badly with a right hand to the Russian’s chin in the eighth round.

Do you really want kovalev to get beat up AGAIN?!?
              In the balls?

Comment

Hes not coming back

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  He was looking at the ref. Saying come on!!! My nutz are his new speed bag.
                  He was hardly complaining at all. He knew he was done. As soon as that right hand landed flush he was thinking game over.

Comment

I hope not, Ward is proof that winning and being entertaining are not related in the sport of boxing. He could stay one for the purists, I don’t want to see it anymore

Comment

Some people simply haven't been paying attention. Ward is the most level-headed guy boxing has seen in at least the last 10 years, or ever. He isn't the type that is going run into personal trouble, get his back against a wall, or who didn't plan out how he was going to transition out of boxing. He's got his hands in a lot of different side biz between commentary, apparel, sponsorship, and most importantly management.

He didn't buy a huge house, marry a greedy woman, or do any of the things that drain a boxer's bank acct after retirement.

Beyond the fact that he won't need the money, he's also fiercely competitive. No way is he going to take time off and come back in a compromised state. When he was in contractual dispute, he was still in the gym all the time, took a fight in the middle of it, and was young enough to get away with it. He won't do that now. He's retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X