Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you went back to the year 1990, would you become the richest person in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you went back to the year 1990, would you become the richest person in the world?

So lets say you went back to the year 1990 with all of your knowledge from 1990 all the way to 2019 intact, but you have no money whatsoever, would you be able to become the richest person in the world just knowing what you know?

Or would something happen that would prevent you from becoming the richest person in the world?

There are a lot of super billionaires in the world.

Coming from absolutely no money to the richest in the world is one hell of a feat.
    Last edited by HitmanTommy; 07-09-2019, 12:01 PM.

No, if it was 1990 I'd still be broke, but at least I could rock my mullet and fanny pack and not get laughed like it's 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      No, if it was 1990 I'd still be broke, but at least I could rock my mullet and fanny pack and not get laughed like it's 2019.
      Living the dream my friend

Comment

I'd be a trillionaire or w/e is after a trillionaire. F#ck billionaire.

I'd start out with a bang to & put all the money I was able to find/make on Buster at 42-1. Between sports, stocks & cryptocurrency I'd start my own country, get a private army & become super villain rich. Be putting laser beams on sharks & sh^t rich.

Comment

Id certainly become exceedingly wealthy based on knowing how certain stocks, games, and fights turned out. That is following the idea that things would still turn out the same way as they did if I altered the timeline by coming back to 1990.

However, I wouldn't want to hit Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos levels simply for the fact that I'm a low key guy. So enough money to hold me and my kids and their grand kids over, but not to the point where Im in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Living the dream my friend

Comment

All my savings on Google stock.

Oh yea

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I'd be a trillionaire or w/e is after a trillionaire. F#ck billionaire.

I'd start out with a bang to & put all the money I was able to find/make on Buster at 42-1. Between sports, stocks & cryptocurrency I'd start my own country, get a private army & become super villain rich. Be putting laser beams on sharks & sh^t rich.
                Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Id certainly become exceedingly wealthy based on knowing how certain stocks, games, and fights turned out. That is following the idea that things would still turn out the same way as they did if I altered the timeline by coming back to 1990.

However, I wouldn't want to hit Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos levels simply for the fact that I'm a low key guy. So enough money to hold me and my kids and their grand kids over, but not to the point where Im in the news.
                people would figure yall out lol

see thats the thing yall gotta think about this realistically, if you keep betting correct on all the fights/games/sports, and at the same time you somehow know exactly which stocks to invest in all the time, when to sell, etc. somebody will eventually pick up on you and realize there is something going on here. you would then be under great scrutiny and the idea that you are a time traveler would beat up the tabloids and newspapers, all the pressure would mess yall up.

Comment

if I can go back to the 90s I'd just enjoy the fúck outta it this time and not take that decade for granted.

And of course on my spare time I'd begin to study software development and try to recreate google/Amazon before they are actually created. I'd let people know that the internet is the future too, so many people had internet in the 90s but didn't think much of it

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                    people would figure yall out lol

see thats the thing yall gotta think about this realistically, if you keep betting correct on all the fights/games/sports, and at the same time you somehow know exactly which stocks to invest in all the time, when to sell, etc. somebody will eventually pick up on you and realize there is something going on here. you would then be under great scrutiny and the idea that you are a time traveler would beat up the tabloids and newspapers, all the pressure would mess yall up.
                    Who's gonna believe you are a time traveler?

And I'd pick my shots. And I definitely think you can keep a low profile with stocks. And crypto is 100% undercover. Probably have to throw some losing bets & pick some bad stocks to not look TOO PERFECT, but I don't think you'd have anyone watching everything you did to the extent they could know you were doing something sketchy/had inside info.

Comment

Working...
                    X