Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Lopez: Arum Hopes To Bring it To MSG On May 30

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Lopez: Arum Hopes To Bring it To MSG On May 30

Bob Arum hopes to finalize a deal for the Vasiliy Lomachenko-Teofimo Lopez fight by the end of next week. Negotiations are ongoing with representatives for Lomachenko and Lopez, but the lightweight champions haven't agreed to purses for their highly anticipated 135-pound showdown. Arum met Wednesday with Egis Klimas, Lomachenko's manager, at his company's headquarters in Las Vegas and has been in communication with David McWater, Lopez's manager.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This should be a fun fight to watch

Comment

Hmm. So we should know something by next Friday.

Ditto. Ditto.

Comment

Looks like Lopez will get his wish and take an L. Smh. He should be honing his skills vs other guys below Lomachenko first. Haney, Fortuna, Easter, Campbell. This is way too fast.

And no this will not be a fun fight, this will be a rather easy points decision for Lomachenko. He’s going to make this kid look absolutely silly.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Looks like Lopez will get his wish and take an L. Smh. He should be honing his skills vs other guys below Lomachenko first. Haney, Fortuna, Easter, Campbell. This is way too fast.

And no this will not be a fun fight, this will be a rather easy points decision for Lomachenko. He’s going to make this kid look absolutely silly.
          Loma ain’t blasted nobody at 135 like he did at 126. Plus with the shoulder injury he looks less sensational and clearly at his limit at 135.

Lopez is a weight bully at 135 and has speed and pop to pose threats the entire fight.

I used to think like you, easy points decision but one things for sure, won’t be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
            Loma ain’t blasted nobody at 135 like he did at 126. Plus with the shoulder injury he looks less sensational and clearly at his limit at 135.

Lopez is a weight bully at 135 and has speed and pop to pose threats the entire fight.

I used to think like you, easy points decision but one things for sure, won’t be easy.
            I had him 119-107 against Pedrazza. I'd consider that blasting him out. Plus, he did it with one arm lol

Comment

Here we go with the excuses already

Comment

Don't forget the two that did go the distance (Pedraza, Campbell) were both hanging on by a thread in the 12th to make the final bell - so not 'blasted', but both well cooked by the end.

The shoulder injury was evident vs Pedraza, but not Crolla or Campbell. Vs Campbell I put that down to Campbell being a good technical boxer and also having size and reach - Teo is slightly smaller and less reach, but has some things Campbell doesn't have (speed, power).

Loma did something that noone else has been able to do with Rigo, identify his flaws and exploit them (with ease), and Teo has far less experience than Rigo. I'm expecting Loma to do much the same with Teo.

But, Loma did make a mistake vs Rigo (I think it was round 2 ?) where he almost got caught, and of course we remember the one with Linares, so its entirely possible Teo catches him early and changes the direction of the fight, but if it goes to the mid rounds and Teo hasn't landed anything meaningful, its likely he'll get a hand injury too.

Comment

Facing size and power has never been an issue for Lomachenko. Lopez has “speed” but against who has he used this speed? How many top fighters? Commie, and that’s it? His sample size of top fighters is 1 fight.

He’s 22, just a kid, 15 pro fights and those 15 pro fights are nothing like Lomachenko’s 15 fights, where his second fight was vs Salido already. 3rd fight vs Russell jr, 7th, 8th, and 9th fights vs Roman Martinez, Nicholas Walters, Jason Sosa. 11th fight vs Rigondeaux.

Now I won’t lie, i’m not impressed with Lomachenko’s run from 2018-2019, although I do like his win over Pedraza. With who Loma has already fought in the past, I’m not impressed with Linares, Campbell, and especially not Crolla.

But still, Lomachenko’s run from 2013 to 2017 gives him vastly more pro experience than Lopez whole 15 fight career. And experience matters a whole lot in boxing, especially between a fighter in his prime and a fighter who is still pretty much green.

I hope you enjoy the schooling this kid is going to receive.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Facing size and power has never been an issue for Lomachenko. Lopez has “speed” but against who has he used this speed? How many top fighters? Commie, and that’s it? His sample size of top fighters is 1 fight.

He’s 22, just a kid, 15 pro fights and those 15 pro fights are nothing like Lomachenko’s 15 fights, where his second fight was vs Salido already. 3rd fight vs Russell jr, 7th, 8th, and 9th fights vs Roman Martinez, Nicholas Walters, Jason Sosa. 11th fight vs Rigondeaux.

Now I won’t lie, i’m not impressed with Lomachenko’s run from 2018-2019, although I do like his win over Pedraza. With who Loma has already fought in the past, I’m not impressed with Linares, Campbell, and especially not Crolla.

But still, Lomachenko’s run from 2013 to 2017 gives him vastly more pro experience than Lopez whole 15 fight career. And experience matters a whole lot in boxing, especially between a fighter in his prime and a fighter who is still pretty much green.

I hope you enjoy the schooling this kid is going to receive.
                    I have a feeling you're going to be in for a huge shock when Loma loses by ko. (If I'm wrong then I deserve the ridicule because Lomas a 4-1 favorite)

Either way I will finally consider Loma "the Truth" if he wins this

Comment

Working...
                    X