Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo Can Face Kovalev at 175, Callum Smith, GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo Can Face Kovalev at 175, Callum Smith, GGG

Oscar De La Hoya says Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is yet to discuss his next moves but suggested potential options include fights with Sergey Kovalev, Callum Smith or a third installment against Gennady Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fight someone good at 168 first or risk getting splatted at 175

Comment

lol stop it. He's not that good.

Comment

If Canelo fights Kovalev that would be must see TV.

Comment

Oscar secretly wants to see Canelo lose.

Comment

I'm not impressed. Why does everyone think he can't beat Kovalev? Oscar says Canelo walks around 190 pounds. That's probably what he would rehydrate to at 175. You guys dont think 190 pound Canelo hits as hard or harder than 190 pound Andre Ward in the ring? He has the lack-of-height advantage to duck under Kovalev's jab and strafe with body shots. Canelo's handspeed would be elite at 175 at the exact moment Kovalev will probably lose his (again, this time even when he does train and diet well) at age 37-38 when this happens.

GBP know what they're doing when it comes to conning the public. They have great experience. Gvozdyk, Bivol, the actual prime champions, no mention of them, but 38 year old Kovalev who has only shown up in good shape to 1 of his last 7 or 8 fights, yeah they'll fight him...

Still, if Kovalev looks good vs Yarde in the summer, then absolutely, that's probably a more interesting opponent for Canelo in the fall than GGG. IF Kovalev looks good, then that would be an amazing matchup. But the reason Im not impressed is because it never happens like that. That's the whole point, they will talk about it when he's looking good because talk is just talk, but they tend to wait until he no longer looks good before actually MAKING the fight, right?

And since I know that about GBP, I can never get excited when they say **** like this.

Comment

Kovalev is old. Fight Bivol.

Comment

Canelo vs Kovalev would be crazy. I would love to see that fight and I don't doubt that Canelo could pull it off.

Comment

Canelo already fighting people who outweigh him and are taller than him.. Jacobs probably was 185 last night.. kovolov is 6’ and probably weighs about the same on fight night... it’s not a stretch to say canelo can beat him.

Comment

Canelo would outbox Kovalev and humiliate him.

Comment

Working...
                    X