Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev will exercise rematch clause vs. Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds like a massive mistake. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Alvarez lives in Canada
      Yes he fights out of Montreal

Comment

Good career move. Didnt have much choice imo

He overreacted to alvarez body shot feint. Kova cant take body shots and hes complained a lot recently about burning out during camps to the point where it suggests hes struggling to make light heavy and has stamina issues

Unless he gets a trainer like hunter he probably loses again. Alvarez was able to have a good guard and take kovas left hooks to the body

Comment

Sergay is cashing-out, HBO have no use for him anymore. I'm so tired of this unwanted, troublesome, nagging, quitter -- good riddance.

Comment

Sounds like a do or die fight (even if any boxing fight is do or die).

I mean, if Kova get koed again he probably won't ever step up in the ring again.

Dat Alvarez dude is no joke, he's a bad dude.

Comment

Not the greatest idea, but as mentioned earlier, what choice does he have? What good is it to work yourself back up to the top? There's not much left for him at LHW, so I'd say, go for it.

Those scorecards for the fight were horrible anyway, no way in hell Kovalev was that far up on the cards. Those not-so-great scores basically gave him a reason to pursue the rematch.

The story is, Kovalev was "comfortably" ahead on the cards before Alvarez dropped him with a right hand. Yeah, okay.

It seems like the media's continuing to enable this man. He knows in his heart that he wasn't comfortable in that fight and he know his soul got snatched, so I'm sure the decision to take the rematch was that of pride and believing what people make him out to be.

I would only hope that he stays away from the rematch, but to each his own.

Comment

Going by the first fight, I think Kovalev could beat Alvarez if he focuses on the jab and taking it to a decision. But he's been aggressive and gone looking for KO's throughout his career, and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Comment

This should be a make or break fight for Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
                    Great news. If Kovalev doesn't win, he should retire. Man, Ward really broke him.
                    how about just give credit to Eleider Alvarez ?

Comment

He was winning til the KO he should play it safe next time and tighten his defense. He should never get complacent as anyone can be hurt by a shot like that.

Box this guy and try to hurt him in spurts if the opportunity arises.
                      There’s a good chance Alvarez will go for an early kill knowing he can break Kovalev.
                      Just jab jab right hand. Move . Jab jab jab jab. Right hand. Just long one twos for kova.

Comment

Working...
                      X