Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lucian Bute Presser To Discuss 'Postive' B Sample, Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny that it has a picture of JMM on the bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Do supplements even work? And if they do work why aren't they considered PED's? I'm talking about the ones that are geared towards enhancing performance not things like protein shakes.
      Yes supplements work. And most are considered PED's. If you go to any GNC most of the shelves are filled with stuff no olympic or vada tested athlete should take. The issue with guys like Memo is he (for the most part) keeps up to date with what they are testing for and alters a chemical just slightly to change its make-up so its un-detectable just like garage chemist do to Spice and Bath salts to keep them legal. If you ever read the back of some of the OTC supplements they are filled with names most chemists havent even heard of, its crap made up but they are not tested until people die or get sick from them. Its no surprise VADA caught him, he was an advocate for USADA testing which I am sure he had an inside scoop as to what they test for.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Do supplements even work? And if they do work why aren't they considered PED's? I'm talking about the ones that are geared towards enhancing performance not things like protein shakes.
        Sure they do, they're not drugs. They're "dietary ingredients", AKA food.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Yes supplements work. And most are considered PED's. If you go to any GNC most of the shelves are filled with stuff no olympic or vada tested athlete should take. The issue with guys like Memo is he (for the most part) keeps up to date with what they are testing for and alters a chemical just slightly to change its make-up so its un-detectable just like garage chemist do to Spice and Bath salts to keep them legal. If you ever read the back of some of the OTC supplements they are filled with names most chemists havent even heard of, its crap made up but they are not tested until people die or get sick from them. Its no surprise VADA caught him, he was an advocate for USADA testing which I am sure he had an inside scoop as to what they test for.
          VADA and USADA samples are sent to the same labs and tested for the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
            VADA and USADA samples are sent to the same labs and tested for the same things.
            Well you got me there, good job. Green k sent for that. Allow me to clarify & elaborate what you corrected me on. WADA approved labs are where most samples are sent. Vada actually goes through some non approved labs... Either way it dont change him knowing what is being tested for whether its VADA or USADA collecting the sample. With WADA a list of supplements is provided unlike independent labs.. All I am saying is Just change the checmical make-up for it to be undetectable to something new and when that checmical gets put on the banned substance list, alter it again rinse and repeat.
            Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 08-12-2016, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              What any WADA accredited lab tests for can be read in the list of banned substances...

And there's actually no word that VADA caught him, seems like that the D.C. Boxing and Wrestling Commission caught him...
              Last edited by gee73; 08-12-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                cant even find those online. try going to that website, elite ameuro nutriton .com. shady site.
                All I could find was a facebook page
                https://www.facebook.com/ameuroelitenutrition/

Comment

Convenient excuse one I'm sick of.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Convenient excuse one I'm sick of.
                    It's the fighters responsibility what goes in to their body, if they want to take the risk taking supplements and get caught for banned substances that's their own fault. The punishment should be the same regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                      It's the fighters responsibility what goes in to their body, if they want to take the risk taking supplements and get caught for banned substances that's their own fault. The punishment should be the same regardless.
                      Yep. Supplements aren't even FDA approved. WADA refuses to test supplements and give a stamp of approval. The supplement market is not highly regulated. They're safe for consumption because customers getting sick and dying would be bad for business. But I wouldn't trust them when it comes to what's in them being totally legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X