Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is ''Hit'em up'' an overrated diss track??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth View Post
    it had a great impact, theres no doubt that its a classic diss. like lef said, it was over a decade ago, and we are still talking about it.......

but from lyrical perspective, its not on level of a Joe Budden diss for example...
    truth , you are a clown ass new schooler if youre gonna say some guy name joe budden (ive never heard of) a better disser than pac ,ive never heard of budden and youre comparing him to pac, thats rediculous, a diss is diss, you gotta curse to diss, what you gonna do,praise biggie on a diss song, i never like to diss your ass on anything cause you have thought on your post so i respect your ass alot, you made me burst up laughing when you mentioned joe budden,

hes trying to sound lyrical on a diss song, thats not a diss he truly meant, maybe hes a wannabe whos trying to claim hes a lyricists but a true diss song is a song with feeling, hit em up was that kind of diss, he meant every word he said, what the hell did this joe budden diss somebody, over a small disagreement

truth, i never heard of any joe budden ever in my life and you comparing him to pacs hit em up

joe budden, ive never heard anyone mention this clowns name and you saying hes a better diss artist than pac, this is the first time that ive ever felt like you are talking outta your ass , youre probably a budden fan, that is making you sound like a dishonest ass idiot,

diss songs are not supposed to sound lyrical, theyre disses, theyre supposed to sound disrespectful as hell, thats the truth
    Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 04-27-2009, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
      Second to "Ether" in being overrated.
      i agree with this....people act like hit em up and ether were the 2 best disses to ever come out

Like I've said before, commons "the ***** in yoo" is far better then either one of them disses, and same with the ll cool J vs canibus battle.

and by the way, hit em up is not even pacs best diss....Against all odds >>

so why is Hit Em up overrated?

First off, lets make one thing clear. Overrated and bad are two different things. Even a great song can still be overrated. Hit em up is mostly known for its trash talk, but to me the content wasnt anything that great.

"i slept with your wife"

"biggie remember when i used to let you sleep on the couch"

who really gives a ****, we can go through it line by line if its necessary, but its really not. That would be a waste of time, much of what pac said wasnt real. He wasnt shootin at no one, but as much as i hate to admit it, most of new york was shook....except queens dunn. I heard that pac even made nas cry :laugh:

Hit em up did make an impact on biggie but against all odds impacted most of new york.

So to conclude things, hit em up is a good diss that made somewhat of an impact but its overrated, against all odds >>>

close the thread

Comment

People seem to say 2pac is overrated because his lyrics arent great.. he doesnt have great word play like fab and banks...

2pac is KNOWN for his DELIVERY, and the way he says **** with HEART.

its about the delivery... and he was DEAD SERIOUS on hit em up..

Comment

i dont think pac is overrated, just hit em up....its very clear that pacs biggest strengths were his delivery and his flow, but i would still consider him to be good lyrically

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            People seem to say 2pac is overrated because his lyrics arent great.. he doesnt have great word play like fab and banks...

2pac is KNOWN for his DELIVERY, and the way he says **** with HEART.

its about the delivery... and he was DEAD SERIOUS on hit em up..
            lloyd banks wordplay is kindergarden ****

Comment

Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
              i agree with this....people act like hit em up and ether were the 2 best disses to ever come out

Like I've said before, commons "the ***** in yoo" is far better then either one of them disses, and same with the ll cool J vs canibus battle.

and by the way, hit em up is not even pacs best diss....Against all odds >>

so why is Hit Em up overrated?

First off, lets make one thing clear. Overrated and bad are two different things. Even a great song can still be overrated. Hit em up is mostly known for its trash talk, but to me the content wasnt anything that great.

"i slept with your wife"

"biggie remember when i used to let you sleep on the couch"

who really gives a ****, we can go through it line by line if its necessary, but its really not. That would be a waste of time, much of what pac said wasnt real. He wasnt shootin at no one, but as much as i hate to admit it, most of new york was shook....except queens dunn. I heard that pac even made nas cry :laugh:

Hit em up did make an impact on biggie but against all odds impacted most of new york.

So to conclude things, hit em up is a good diss that made somewhat of an impact but its overrated, against all odds >>>

close the thread
              'When we ride on our enemies'

Last edited by Stab Judah; 04-27-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

hit em up is my fav diss track!!!

PERIODD

Comment

I dont think its the best diss record ever, but its def worthy of the hype it gets. Top 5 diss track for sure... Ether still takes the cake for me. Real Mutha****in G's & No Vaseline are also up there IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                    truth , you are a clown ass new schooler if youre gonna say some guy name joe budden (ive never heard of) a better disser than pac ,ive never heard of budden and youre comparing him to pac, thats rediculous, a diss is diss, you gotta curse to diss, what you gonna do,praise biggie on a diss song, i never like to diss your ass on anything cause you have thought on your post so i respect your ass alot, you made me burst up laughing when you mentioned joe budden,

hes trying to sound lyrical on a diss song, thats not a diss he truly meant, maybe hes a wannabe whos trying to claim hes a lyricists but a true diss song is a song with feeling, hit em up was that kind of diss, he meant every word he said, what the hell did this joe budden diss somebody, over a small disagreement

truth, i never heard of any joe budden ever in my life and you comparing him to pacs hit em up

joe budden, ive never heard anyone mention this clowns name and you saying hes a better diss artist than pac, this is the first time that ive ever felt like you are talking outta your ass , youre probably a budden fan, that is making you sound like a dishonest ass idiot,

diss songs are not supposed to sound lyrical, theyre disses, theyre supposed to sound disrespectful as hell, thats the truth
                    Wow..................Wow....LMAO.

I'm not even going to respond to that.

Comment

I don't see how Ether's overrated. Nas ****ted on em pretty bad.

What u think u gettin girls now bcuz of yo looks?

And ya mayne stabbed Un and made u take the blame...went from hangin wit Jaz toto BIG

Put it together, I roc hoes, ya'll rock fellas. ****in Joe Camel hahaha

TAE-BO HO!

Comment

Working...
                      X