Heavy bag video. Do your worst!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy bag video. Do your worst!

https://youtu.be/oNhUXXyffcQ

You're leaning. It's evident by the fact that your right heel rarely touches the ground for more than a split second. The problems with leaning are that you can't slip punches, and when you get hit you're more likely to fall or stumble because you're off balance.

Visualize the bag throwing back at you and add some slipping into your bag routine. When attacking with combos, observe your center line and try to make sure your head and shoulders aren't going too far past your hips and feet. Once your balance is corrected, it'll be easier to evaluate your punches.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 07-14-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      You're leaning. It's evident by the fact that your right heel rarely touches the ground for more than a split second. The problems with leaning are that you can't slip punches, and when you get hit you're more likely to fall or stumble because you're off balance.

Visualize the bag throwing back at you and add some slipping into your bag routine. When attacking with combos, observe your center line and try to male sure your head and shoulders aren't going too far past your hips and feet. Look at the way Canelo throws. Once your balance is corrected, it'll be easier to evaluate your punches.

So be more flatfooted you're saying? Don't be on your toes let your heels touch the floor more often. If u say so

Comment

Good advice, I think I tend to lean to try and keep myself off the centre line. Also because my main sparring partner is southpaw I tend to lean to the right to slip on the outside of his jab to land the right.

Something I'll work on ��

Comment

Redd Foxx is on the money. Your left hook is especially...blah...it’s throwing you off balance and making you completely lose your footing. Look at your back foot, the way you’re leaning isnt letting you set your feet properly..and because of that, you wont be able to pivot properly to retain balance. The entire motion is too big (if you get what I mean). Shorten it. Less lean and swing, more rotation and pivot. Keep it tight. It’s not about being flat footed, it’s about having your feet under you. Period.

When you throw your left (even with jabs) for whatever reason you start raising your right elbow and pulling your right hand further back with each hand like it’s some weird crank. When you threw the left hook, you completely jerked your right hand away from your face. Again, keep it tight.

As redd foxx was saying, imagine it hits back. The way youre leaning would be directly into the center line — completely open. Youre overextending so far at times —remember, the further you reach, the longer they have to react and the longer it takes to bring the hand back which leaves you exposed longer.

I Saw the video like one and a half times, I imagine there’s more. I dont know if you plan on competing or not, but no reason to not try to do it as best you can.

On the plus side, youre better than the random average dude for example. I can tell you've thrown a punch before and youve got a bit of confidence to the way you move.

Slow it down a bit and concentrate more on technique and movement and then try to replicate the delivery while going faster. You can still throw hard going “slow”, you’ll just be throwing less when youre really trying to crank them in

Comment

Originally posted by JayID View Post
            Good advice, I think I tend to lean to try and keep myself off the centre line. Also because my main sparring partner is southpaw I tend to lean to the right to slip on the outside of his jab to land the right.

Something I'll work on ��
            I should also add that Hypnos is correct, you don't look incompetent or anything. You look like you know how to throw a punch and I suspect that once your balance is corrected it's going to be harder to find things to critique because you're doing a lot of things right.
            When evaluating I just like to start at the foundation and boxing literally starts with the feet. Feel free to post again soon. I always like it when people do progress videos on here.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Redd Foxx is on the money
              He usually is ..

Comment

Heavy bag? More like. ***** bag

Comment

Originally posted by chitownslugger View Post
                  Heavy bag? More like. ***** bag
                  hahahahahahahaha

Comment

What the fox said plus: Keep your elbows tight or somebody with some experience is gonna put some heavy sauce on those ribs. And it will hurt…….Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X