Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would Abril tell Jim Gray his weakness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who doesnt get bothered by dirty fighters?

Comment

Dirty fighters bother everyone. Considering Abril got better as the fight went on, not worse, that's not exposing a weakness IMO. That's Abril rightfully complaining about the way his opponent fought.

Comment

1. We all saw that he was bothered by a dirty fighter, doesn't matter whether he admits it or not, it's on tape.

2. Go ahead and be dirty against him, you'll lose points unless you're crafty enough to get away with it but only a handful of fighters are.

Comment

Originally posted by BurkeBoxing View Post
          If im his next opponent im pushing, wrestling, hitting behind the head, maybe even a low blow or 2 to frustrate Abril. Am i the only one who thinks it was stupid of him to say that?
          No, he was actually very smart because he has had more experience with guys doing that, two in a row in fact. Both Rios and now Bogere so Abril now has more experience with guys like that then they have with fighting a guy like him. The next guy that comes along, Abril will know even more how to handle them cause they would be the 3rd one he has dealt with and he already dominated the last two. I bet they will not have fought two guys in a row like Abril, thats for damn sure. Checkmate Abril.
          Last edited by LightningRT; 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I don't think it matters either way. I think it would be stupid for a fighter facing Abril to set up a game plan based on being a dirty fighter then they risk losing points or getting disqualified. It's not like he was in there saying "I don't like getting hit with lefts to the body that takes a lot out of me" It was a general statement not much for someone to capitalize on IMO and obviously he dealt with it to secure the W

Comment

In spanish he didn't say that they frustrate him or bother him, he actually said that he didn't like fighting with dirty fighters.

He was angry because of all the dirty tactics used by Bogere so what he said was more that he was so annoyed that Bogere was able to use all those dirty tactics in the fight.

Comment

Working...
              X