thoughts on the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on the fight

Just got done watching the fight and here are my thoughts

Canelo looked good. i love the slick, elusive style but i think he does it a little too much which is why he gasses out. a lot of unnecessary movement tires him out. He was out of gas by round 5-6 and sometimes looked like he was just happy to be there.

He landed some good shots but imo, he wasnt consistent enough. If he fought every round like he fought the last round or two, he would have easily won by UD but i dont think he can keep that pace up for 12 rounds and he definitely wasnt KOing GGG, just doesnt have the power. He didnt throw the amount of combinations that be usually throws and i think GGG style had a lot to do with it but Canelo definitely wasnt busy enough, too much time spent on the ropes.

GGG looked like he usually does, walking the opponent down and trying to control the fight. He was the busier fighter for sure and he also landed some good shots which i think shocked Canelo a little bit. He looked like the stronger fighter but his accuracy needs some work against elusive guys like Canelo. He had Canelo on the ropes the whole fight and while he landed a few good shots, he needed to hurt Canelo on the ropes and he didnt. GGG should have went to the body with Canelo on the ropes and if he does, he probaby stops Canelo.

This fight was decent, i missed it due to other things happening last minute but i think it was a solid fight. Neither fighter really did what they usually do but that makes sense since they are two of the best MWs today. I gave it to GGG 7-5. he was the busier guy and he controlled the fight. Nobody dominated but Canelo fought in spurts and you cant win that way, GGG was more consistent and most of the time, you win that way.

The 118-110 decision by that one judge was really bad, ****ing horrible actually. It was hard enough to give Canelo 5 rounds, how on earth do you give him 10? Looked like Canelo was overwhelmed at times
    Last edited by NYG; 09-17-2017, 08:35 AM.

Also, no need for a rematch. i think it was obvious who the better guy was

Comment

Working...
    X